“Management is dreadful.”
Review of Carrington Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carrington
Carrington Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Carrington
Fargo, North Dakota
“Management is dreadful.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

In almost every facet of my two stays at the Carrington Inn, the staff and management have been really poor for small town North Dakota where customer service and understanding are typically top-notch. First, this motel gave me a non-smoking room that smelled terribly of cigarette smoke and had to deliberate for several hours before finally letting us change rooms. The second stay was far worse, when due to weather we could not get to our motel room on the first day and they refused to refund us even with 4 days of for-warning. Do yourself a huge favor and stay at the Chieftain or the Cobblestone when in the small town of Carrington, ND. The Carrington Inn is a bottom tier motel, and I've stayed in well over a hundred different motels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Grant M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Jamestown, North Dakota
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If I was rating the cleanliness of the hotel, I would have have rated this hotel a 5 out of 5 and if I was rating the Customer Service level at this hotel, I would have rated it a 1 out of 5. I called at 12:00 to see if by any chance I would be able to check in early. The front desk lady said I should be able to in about 30 minutes. So I waited an hour just in case. I arrived at 1:00 and said, by any chance would I be able to check in early? The same front desk lady said (in these exact words) "I don't know, who are you?" After I told her my name, she said "nope, it will be at least 45 minutes." So I came back at 2:00pm and the room was ready (after of course waiting at the desk for 15 minutes until someone came to help me.) The breakfast was what I would expect from a limited service, independent hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank curban17
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Standard motel - the room was a reasonable size, but there was no shelf space in the bathroom at all, and very little by the sink outside in the room. When we arrived, the trash can had empty bottles and cans in, but everything else was clean. The room smelled slightly musty at first but this soon cleared once we put the AC on. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Free continental breakfast – minimal but adequate: tea & coffee, juice, cereals, toast, bakery items. No-one was available at the front desk when we checked out, luckily I had finalised my bill the previous night, as were in a hurry to start our journey. Toll free calls could be made free of charge from the room by prior arrangement with front desk staff. Overall it was a convenient stopover, but a little overpriced I felt.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sometimesong
Corona, California
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Clean, fresh, quiet, nice size room...very pleasant stay. I recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J C
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I believe as someone else mentioned this is a former Super 8 establishment. Situated just off ND52 this is a good overnight stop hotel. Our room was spacious if a little musty at first and the rubbish bin had not been emptied, and to be honest there was nothing in it to offend. The hotel does offer TV, free wi fi and complimentary breakfast, limited choice but sufficient. The bathroom was of a fair size and the sink was situated in the main room. Carrington itself is a small place with a couple of garages and stores for groceries. Not much going for it really, but as mentioned before if you are passing through and need a place to rest your head then the Carrington Inn & Suites is fine.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Basic continental breakfast. Clean rooms, comfortable bed but pullout was worn and uncomfortable, even for a pullout. Seemed a little pricey in comparison to other hotels of same decor and style.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Redding, California
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This motel was formerly a Super 8. It is one of two motels in town; the other is across the street. Carrington Inn offers a basic continental breakfast - orange drink, cold cereal, toast, etc. The rooms are clean; the beds are comfortable. There is a grocery store, restaurant, fast food, and gas station/convenience store - all within a block. Our room did not have a refrigerator or microwave, but they are available.

• Stayed July 2010
4 Thank kcinnorcal

Been to Carrington Inn? Share your experiences!