“Average hotel at best!!”
Review of Kelly Inn Bismarck

Kelly Inn Bismarck
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Average hotel at best!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I only stayed here one night as this was my first stop to Montana from Minnesota. I reserved a room with one bed since I was the only one in my room...room was very small. My sisters had reserved rooms with 2 beds, so their rooms were much larger.

The hotel is fine for one night...but not for much more than that. I'm sure there are nicer hotels in the area, but it was one of the more reasonable priced hotels, I think I paid $86.00 per night on a 7 day advance purchase.

Again, nothing fancy, but served it's purpose...the staff were very nice...check-in and check-out went smooth.

Would probably try a nicer hotel in the area the next time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located near the freeway and many restaurants and shops. It is on a busy road so there was quite a bit of noise from that, but we were always so tired after our busy days we didn't notice it too much. I don't feel the rate was really "reasonable" for what we received....2 double beds vs. queen beds, no continental breakfast, housekeeping service did not follow our preferences as indicated on the door hanger (just wanted new towels and trash emptied - that didn't happen). The pool area was very nice with an outside patio, too. There was a big event in town and we were limited on places with availability. We will choose something different next time!

Room Tip: A room on the west side would have been much quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay, During your stay was in fact a busy time for Bismarck, however I hope that you would give us a try again in your future travels to Bismarck.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Terrible, DO NOT STAY HERE. You would be better served to stay in a room made of paper mache. They should tear this facility down and start over. Every single door slam, cough, pin drop can be heard.... Got no rest. Worst experience EVER. The clientele certainly had zero decorum... Why would anyone be courteous right?

• Stayed June 2013
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. This particular weekend in Bismarck is a very busy one with the McQuade Softball tournaments going on. We do our best to ensure that everything is quite throughout our building however there are those rare circumstances when we don't always catch the culprits of the noise. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Jacob Kolander

Travelers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

New Rockford
Reviewed June 13, 2013

It was conveniently located to the class I had to be at. Rates were Ok!
I would probably stay there again if in the area. Did not get an opportunity to use the pool but it looked clean. Location is a little on the noisy side but not unbearable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank You So much for staying with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Oregon
Reviewed May 29, 2013

In room coffee, hair dryer, very helpful staff (who patiently stayed on the phone and gave excellent travel directions when we exited the freeway too soon and needed to navigate around a detour), very comfortable bed and nice bedding. Fast check-in at a late hour, bargain price at under $85. Clean, well appointed room, with a heated tile bathroom floor that was warm on bare feet in the night. Lovely lobby, with capacious seating in front of a welcoming fireplace. We parked 45 ft of moving truck with a car trailer easily in the parking lot. Had there been discounted breakfast at the restaurant downstairs or at least a continental breakfast with fresh fruit, I would give it 5 stars. Room 313. No elevator to upper stories at this time, but we are fit, had little luggage and prefer stairs. Would definitely come again!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank You so much for staying with us and for letting us know how your stay was, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kenmare
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went to check in and I wanted to pay with cash and they said they do not take that anymore so I had to get somebody with a credit card and I was standing at the till for a good 30 minutes and there was nothing at the till. I went and got my kids and brought them into the building and still nothing as we were walking to our room we walk by the pool and notice that the pool is not open and I even let them know at the till I had kids. So we take the stuff to the room and I asked my husband to go and check with the front desk how long the pool was down for and if we could cancel our room. Manager claimed the sign for closed pool was on the till since the pool broke down. Would not refund our money because we had already stepped into the room. When I checked out they took the sign off the till again. They only had it on the till while my family had left for supper.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that you experienced some issues during your recent stay with us. Sadly our pool is closed for repair however our front desk associates should have made you aware of that, Please contact me directly at the hotel as I would be happy to discuss your concerns.

Jamestown, North Dakota
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Nothing too exciting to say about the hotel, it was pretty average. I think it's an older hotel so it was about what we expected. The room was clean enough and suited our needs, although the bed wasn't the most comfortable. It also had a fridge and microwave so that was a nice surprise. The pool was really nice and warm but had pieces of balloons floating all over in it so that was a little odd/gross. The restaurant in the hotel, Minerva's, was delicious but a little spendy. For being under $100 it was fine for a night, would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I would like to thank you for staying with us here at the Kelly Inn! I would also like to thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am surprised that you didn't find the beds comforable, As they are new to the hotel we just purchased them in February. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future when you are in Bismarck.