“Memorial Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Great Falls, Montana
“Memorial Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was an important day for our family, we buried our Mother's ashes and had a memorial lunch here. Treated everyone very well. Thanks for the great service and respect given to all. We are Best Western customers and have not been disappointed by the quality of service.

Room Tip: Rooms by pool are ok, some kids not monitored by parents in pool at all was troublesome.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ramkotaopsmanager, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing Best Western Plus Ramkota for such an important event in your family. I am so pleased to hear that you had a good experience and that our staff took great care of you. Thanks again for your business; I hope we will see you again in the future.
Best Regards,
Samantha Ackerman, Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were in Bismarck for a funeral, got to the hotel and checked in. Upon getting to the room, we found the prior guests clothes hanging up on the back of the door! The mirror that had been on the door had obviously broken and they just left the tape on the door. After going back to the front desk because of the dirty clothes they moved us to a different room. The next room didn't have dirty clothes but we had to wear shoes the entire time we were there because the carpets were sticky!!!!!!! Absolutely disgusting! We will never stay here again!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
First and foremost, I am very sorry for your loss. I know that traveling for the purpose of a funeral is stressful in the first place and I apologize that our lack of guest service added additional strain on you and your family. There is no excuse for finding your room in the condition that you did. I will do my best to figure out the rooms you were assigned to and make sure that the issues are addressed. Again, I am very sorry for the poor experience you had at our hotel. Thank you for bringing your dissatisfaction to my attention.
701-355-2023

Travelers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

Albertville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I am a Best Western fan when I can stay at one I do. I always prefer the signal king room and lots of times I enjoy it when they upgrade my room to a suite. The staff is always helpful, even when I am not in a good mood.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ramkotaopsmanager, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for being a loyal Best Western customer! We appreciate you and hope you will continue to choose Ramkota when you visit Bismarck.

Thanks again, Hope to see you soon!
Casper, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

The staff are the greatest and the hotel property great. Centrally located for easy access to any need, conference or venue. Definitely give this property a try.....it was a great experience.....having a café and bar on location adds to ease of travel. and close to the mall.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ramkotaopsmanager, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you can come back to visit us again soon.

Crookston, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Everyone appeared to be "working" and not "welcoming" guests. The only time the pool boy would talk to anyone was when he wanted to get after them for some minor infraction. If your going to stay here and are from out of town and want to see other relatives who have children your age.... dont do it.... you are limited to the number of swimming wristbands (5) that you get and that is it, even a simple request of purchasing one extra one was shot down. If you want more than just an average stay, with above average prices do not stay here. Front desk staff was overall friendly but it ended there, employees walking the hallway did not say hi or how you doing. It appeared that everyone was there doing a job and did not really want to interact with guests.

1 Thank Jarv969
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that our staff was not friendly and welcoming to you during your stay. This is not the norm as we often get compliments on our employee interaction with guests. I am also sorry that we were not able to grant your request for additional pool wristbands. We only allow five wristbands per room as that is the maximum occupancy in a room. We do not allow any additional on weekends to be fair to all hotel guests. I appreciate you sharing your concerns with me and assure you they will be addressed.

Best Regards,
Parker, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

At first glance, the hotel and the rooms looked fine. Then we began to find the little problems. The air conditioning was stuck on 78 degrees, too hot for my taste. We had to call maintenance to come reset it; while they were there, I pointed out that the closet doors wouldn't open and close properly. The response was that they needed to be replaced, which didn't help me any. Maid service was sketchy at best. We did tend to sleep later on some days, but they should have kept track of the rooms they hadn't done and come back later to finish them. The last night, we even ran out of toilet paper and were told we had to come down to the desk to pick some up! A desk clerk should have been sent to our room with it immediately with a BIG apology. I know you are under construction, but not having any chairs in the lobby to sit and wait was a big problem for me. You could have taken chairs from any of your conference or event rooms and set them against the wall. In short, I expect better service even from a Motel 6, which would have been half the price! We were part of a large wedding party that rented many rooms from you and many of these complaints were universal. This is the last place in Bismarck that I would stay again OR recommend to anybody; thank goodness we didn't have the wedding or the reception there!

1 Thank Deborah H
Thank you for your review. I hope the discounts credited to our account sufficiently compensated you for any discomfort while staying with us. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the cooling unit in your room; we were having many issues with air conditioners in rooms during the time of your stay. We have replaced the equipment that was not working properly so this will not be an ongoing problem. I will address the customer service concerns you expressed with our Front Office and Housekeeping managers so we can better train our staff. If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to call me at 701-355-2023.

Bismarck, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I usually stay at Ramkota when in Bismarck. The location can't be beat and if I am too tired to go out for dinner, there is an excellent restaurant on site. I have used the room service before also and it is a good value. The pool area is wonderful for my children when they accompany me. They love the water sides. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are quiet so I can use my internet service while in town. The staff is always friendly and helpful. There is a shopping center right across the street from the hotel if I care to shop. All in all, a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks again, Gladys, for this wonderful review! We appreciate your business and hope you will keep choosing Ramkota when you stay in Bismarck.

Many Thanks,