“Soucy”
Review of Ramkota Hotel

Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The breakfast in the morning in a nice feature. The pool is always clean. The staff is always friendly. Being able to pick up things at the front desk if you forget something is also comes in handy option to have when things are forgotten.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ramkotagm, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I’m glad you had a chance to visit Seasons Café for breakfast during your stay; they do a great job of providing excellent service and a tasty meal!
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I was at the hotel for a conference and the accommodations themselves were ok. The room was large with all the necessities and staff friendly. The real shining star was conference staff who were efficient, attentive, and really know how to plan for an event.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review of our facility! Thank you for mentioning our conference staff; they really do a wonderful job of taking care of our guests. They are well-trained and experienced and it shows! We appreciate your business and hope that your travels will bring you back to Bismarck again in the future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Enjoyed my stay, close to airport, restaurant very high quality, room very nice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Will stay there again when I visit Bismarck the next time. Shuttle offered to and from airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks! I am thrilled that your first visit to our city was a positive experience! We hope to see you at Ramkota again soon.
Thanks again,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel the past 3 years for a conference and have had a great experience each time. A big plus that I don't encounter much anymore is the free shuttle service to/from the airport and really, anywhere you want to go in Bismarck. The driver is the friendliest hotel employee I've met during my travels who entertains on each shuttle trip with historical knowledge of the area. He goes above and beyond to please. I was also impressed that the hotel picked up my cab fare when I had an early morning flight when the shuttle was not running. The beds are comfortable and the food served during our conference was great. The only 2 minor things I'd suggest is to upgrade the Internet in the business center and that the heater in the room was very loud (I kept it turned off overnight, but room temp was fine). Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

We appreciate your feedback and your suggestions to improve our overall guest experience. Thank you for mentioning our complimentary airport shuttle! I am happy to know that it is an amenity that our customers value. I hope that you will continue to choose the Best Western Plus Ramkota when your travels bring you back to Bismarck in the future!
Best Regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is an older hotel as I first stayed in this location over 30 years ago. It was not affiliated with Best Western at the time. We moved to this hotel from another location because this was quite. 30 years later, the Best Western Ramkota is sill a quite place to stay. Although the property is older it is generally well maintained with comfortable guest rooms that included a mini-fridge, larger flat screen tv and comfortable beds. I enjoy the layouts of the room as the sink is in a separate room from the shower and toilet which saves fogged mirrors and is extremely handy when two people are trying to clean up. Since I did not bring my laptop on this trip, I decided to use the computers in the business center. They were slow and not very current technology. I even had to do updates when I logged in as they apparently had not been used or where not updated regularly. The restaurant and bar area are nice and service has always been good in both facilities. Generally I only eat breakfast in the restaurant and although the food is good, it seems be somewhat over priced and the breakfast menu is somewhat limited. The room was cool when I checked in as they had the heater off, but did warm up within a reasonable period of time. Since it is the older heating/cooling unit there is not thermostat on the wall which always makes regulating temperature a bit more challenging. I did get a great nights sleep in the comfortable bed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate your business and your willingness to share your feedback. I am so pleased that you found our facility quiet and comfortable. I’m glad you mentioned the heating units as we are in the process of replacing units to include a wall mounted thermostat for easier temperature control.
Many thanks to you,

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with my family. Hotel was very busy, a little wait to check-in. The clerk was very friendly. Kids loved the pool.
Room was plenty big and very clean. No fridge in room but I called the front desk and one was brought up. The beverage machines are a lil spendy $2.50 for a soda. We will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Ramkotagm, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thanks! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay! I appreciate you being flexible about not having a refrigerator in your room. We have fridge/microwave units on order for the rooms that do not currently have them. As soon as all are delivered we will have them installed. We would be thrilled to have your family stay with us again; please come visit soon!

Thanks again for your business,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at this hotel last year and the beds were so comfy that we actually asked the manager what mattresses the hotel used because we wanted one. This year was not the same good experience. Upon arriving I went to use our rest room. To my disgust, there was what appeared to b orange streaky stains all over the floor of the tub. Also the shower head was hanging off the wall. I called my husband in to look at it and asked him what he thought it was. Puke??!? He replied. We went into the room to call the front desk and ask them to move us to a room with a clean bathroom. While he was calling down I noticed there was a big dip in the middle of the bed. I am 7 months pregnant so a good mattress is a must. I felt it and you could feel the springs thru the top! We happened to have a ribbon with us and so we stretched it across the bed and took a picture to show the manager the one inch gap between the crater and the ribbon. When my husband got ahold of the front desk he told the lady who answered our concerns with the puke and the bed. She asked him if we were sure it was puke and not rust stains. I was appalled. Would it matter?!? Let me just take out my CSI kit and test the substance. Are you kidding me?!? For the price of the rooms there shouldn't be rust or puke in the tub! He hung up. We took pics of the room and took all our "evidence" down stairs. To my dismay, the person who had asked us about the rust/puke was also the office manager. She was neither apologetic nor kind. She barely said a word and just moved us to another room like it was ridiculous that we didn't want to stay in the puke tub/crater bed room. Needless to say I would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank sm0188022

Thank you again for your feedback. I will keep my response brief as we have already communicated via email regarding your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the poor manner in which your concerns were addressed. The orange stain that you saw in your tub is rust. We do have some bathtubs that have had the finish scratched causing rust to appear when the scratch gets wet. We have been working to refinish these bathtubs so that they have a more appealing look. I will also take a look at the bed in the room you stayed in and get it replaced if needed. I hope that the credit I issued for this past stay will show you that we are committed to providing our customers with a high level of service and a comfortable stay. Please call me the next time you come to Bismarck; I can promise you a much improved experience.