“good for kids”

Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
“good for kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a hotel that has a great pool area for the kids. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. It is very evident that it is an older hotel and the furniture shows definite signs of wear but they have updated bedding and décor. My only real complaint was that none of the outside doors that we used locked or even closed properly. If your looking for a hotel with good security, this isn't it. The hotel is in a great location, close to the mall and many restaurants.

Room Tip: we had a pool side room, you pay more but was very convenient for the kids. I don't feel the con...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Coolerthanlegos
Ramkotagm, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am pleased that you found our hotel kid-friendly, clean, and conveniently located! I apologize for the malfunctioning entrance doors. We are aware that some of these exterior doors need some maintenance; we are working with a company who will fix these so that they all close properly. You mentioned that we are an older property, which is true. We are proud that we have been established in Bismarck for almost 40 years! We do update the facility every year and we are actually just beginning a phased remodel of our hotel. The first phase will include renovation of our main entrance, lobby, and business center. We will also be updating the lighting in all of our guest corridors. I hope you will come back and see us again so you can check out our progress.
Samantha Ackerman, Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Bay City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Best Western ramkota in Bismarck and to be honest I can't say enough good things about this hotel and it's staff. From the front desk to the shuttle drivers to the bartenders and blackjack dealers they all made my recent trip GREAT!!!! Thanks again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ramkotagm, Manager at Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you Chad! We truly appreciate your continued business and loyalty to our hotel! I am so happy that our staff takes great care of you and that you enjoy your stays in Bismarck. We look forward to having you visit us again in the future.
Thanks again for the review!
New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Have stayed in many Best Westerns and this one is way off the mark.

Room had many defects: stained carpets, scratched furniture, holes in walls, broken lamps (see photos).

Service was inconsistent. At check-in I was offered nothing while person next to me was queried about usage of pool and other available facilities.

Lobby smelled of cigarettes.

Overall, a bad experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarkR74658
I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay. I have reviewed your pictures and they are proof that the room you stayed in and some of our public space have been neglected. I can assure you that these issues have been resolved and we will continue to work to improve our overall service. Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay as it will be used as a training tool with our staff.
If you would be willing to give us another try in the future, I would like to invite you to contact me directly and I will see to it that we provide a 100% improved experience.

701-355-2023

Travelers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

Garrison, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

When spending three days from home it's nice to have a clean place to stay that has a feeling of home. My room was always clean, hotel staff were pleasant, and meeting rooms were comfortable (not cold like most usually are).

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing Ramkota during your recent business travel! We love to hear that our customers enjoy their stay with us. I am so pleased that found our rooms clean and comfy and our staff friendly and helpful! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Glendive
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had made a HUGE mistake in reserving a room online, and booked the wrong date. I didn't realize this even happened until the morning I was to travel to Bismarck, and called to see if we could check-in early. Of course, my card had already been charged (I thought I had simply pre-paid). I had to proceed to reserve another room for the correct night, and obviously had to charge more to my card. I was sick over this - couldn't believe I had made such a mistake.
Anyhow, Monday morning rolled around after this weekend's mishap, I called the manager (Meghan), and she was incredible. She refunded every penny that I was charged for MY mistake, and was super pleasant. She made no fuss of it whatsoever.
Not only were they happy to help me fix my mess, the staff at the Ramkota were very friendly and accommodating. Upon check-in, I discovered we had a room on the 3rd floor. I had travelled with my kids (one is a new baby), and asked if there was any way we could get something maybe on the first floor - not only did she find me a new room on the first level, she got us in a room located near an entrance (I believe the gal's name was Stacey). This made lugging all of our bags SO much easier (and we had TONS of stuff with us).
I will ONLY stay at the Ramkota during our stays in Bismarck.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I have to be honest; it feels AMAZING to get a review like yours. As a manager, I always hope that my staff and department managers are going above-and-beyond to help our customers in every situation. This review confirms to me that they are! I want thank-you so very much for sharing your experience with me and for complimenting Meghan and Stacey on their excellent customer service. I am pleased that our staff’s actions have turned you into loyal Ramkota Bismarck customer! We hope to see you again soon and that you will continue to share your feedback with us!

Thanks again,
Bismarck
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Ramkota staff did an excellent job at our conference last week. Sandy Fleck, Chris Morris and Ryan Schlosser did a great job making sure that every session went as smooth as possible. Thank You! Dave

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Dave, for this review! Your business and feedback are truly appreciated! I will be sure to share your compliments with Sandy, Chris, and Ryan; they are so great at what they do and it is wonderful when their efforts are recognized by our customers. Thank you again! We hope to see you at Ramkota again soon.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed at the Ramkota for a conference. It was very convenient for that. Room was fairly updated and spacious. The pillows were wonderful, the bed comfortable and the sheets smelled very fresh, like bleach.

Cleanliness was the issue. I stayed there for three nights and the black whiskers (not mine!) around the sink were never cleaned/removed. One hand towel I grabbed had fresh (not stained) make up on it (again, not mine). Lastly the comforter has a suspicious stain right in the center.

The deadbolt did not lock. I would have asked to move rooms, but I was located near a friend and wanted to stay there. Also, they were full, so doubt I could have switched rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I would first like to thank you for taking time to tell me about your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your willingness to share what you like about the property and what areas of our operation need improvement.
I am truly sorry that you did not find your room as clean as it should have been and that your deadbolt was not working properly. There is no excuse for these issues. I wish I would have had a chance to talk to you while you were staying in the hotel so I could have had these problems resolved immediately.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you back to Bismarck. Please feel free to contact me directly at 701-355-2023 when booking and I promise to provide you with the best service and accommodations we have to offer.

Thanks again!