“Not a good experience”
Review of Ramkota Hotel

Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We wanted a place to stay for the night while visiting some friends in Bismarck.

When I called and asked about rooms available there was a room with 2 queen beds for $119 the lady today me. Our card got charged $155. We where only allowed 5 wristbands so not everyone got to go swimming.

We had lunch at the hotel and the service and food was good. What was not good was the room service we ordered later one. Ordered at 8pm and waited and hour and still not here. I called and was told it was on its way. About 20 minutes later it was still not here. Husband goes down to check on it and they said "the order got skipped over and had not been made yet". They asked if we still wanted it and he said yes because we have hungry kids. The order finally showed up almost another hour later. It was hot.

I will not stay here again. I will skip the waterpark hotel and stay somewhere else.
The waterpark area is even to cold to swim in.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Mommalittle

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was in Bismarck for a class and unfortunately it was held at this hotel. When I checked in, they wouldn't accept our business credit card because of a policy that the hotel had when I had just used it at several business in town.

The hallway looked like it hadn't been vacuumed for several days, there was a broken glass or bottle outside a door to a room..

The room was disgusting, there was used bar soap in the shower from whoever stayed there before me and no extra toilet paper. When they came in to clean the room after the first night, the only thing that was done was the beds were made. Again no extra toilet paper was left, they didn't replace the coffee that we had used and when I called to let them know they said someone would be right up with some and no one ever brought any.

I was never able to access the internet after trying several times.

My class started fairly early in the morning and there was a lot of noise in the hallway and other rooms late into the night, very hard to sleep because of the noise.

I hope that any future classes that I have to attend in Bismarck aren't at this hotel!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank medic6404
Reviewed November 5, 2012

North Dakota is famous for its very cold and long winters. By staying at this hotel you can enjoy a wonderful indoor water park that has a 150' slide, two smaller slides and a kiddie slide (the tongue on the frog is the slide). The kids loved it. Decor somewhat outdated. The staff were very friendly and rooms very clean and large. We wanted adjoining rooms and they were happy to oblige. We were there in July and were able to watch the fireworks at the capitol from our room even though its a distance away. There is a large mall right across the street that has all the regular stores and some specialty shops. Would stay there again

Room Tip: If you don't like noise don't get a room that faces the indoor water park. Our room was on...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wuertz
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had to stay at this hotel for a conference that I was attending. The room was utterly disgusting. Dust everywhere, fruit flies swarming, a black/mildewy tub and an extremely noisy heat (sounded like it was being hammered-all night long). Not only was all of this gross, but the wireless kept crashing. When I called the front desk to inquire if there was something wrong with it, I was told that I needed to call their IT department. Which I had to do 3 separate occasions. I gave up after this and decided that the hassel of calling just wasn't worth it. The IT lady indicated that it was probably because I was on the 2nd floor and that my room was near the end of the hall. When I complained, the IT lady said that she would send a message to the hotel manager to discuss my complaints and that she would call the next morning. Nope, no call. Oh-and did I mention the exercise room? Very outdated equipment that hasn't been cleaned, probably since the 80's. Stained and also dusty. Next time I'm in Bismarck, I won't be staying there.

Room Tip: No tips, just don't go to this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed on business for three days. First night I was too tired to notice how dirty the floor in my room was, like it had been used for a party or something. I mean Really noticeable. If I noticed housekeeping certainly should have. The tv screen was dirty, like they had tried to clean it but with a not so clean cloth. There were hand prints all over the microwave. It was quiet, though and the bed was comfortable. Overall however, a very forgettable place.

Room Tip: Don't take a room near the convention area
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Nice enough place to stay. I was there on a Friday and Saturday night. Each night there was a wedding, our room was close to the ballroom, and pretty noisy. Seemed expensive to me for what I needed. Didn't use the pool or waterslide. Was just in Bismarck to do some shopping.

Is located across the street to the mall.

Room was clean, however the toilet could have used an extra wipe down before we got there.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank prairiegrl
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Have stayed here several times but rethinking due to last visit. Always alittle dated on the outside and inside. For families the pool is nice and the restruant menu is varied. However my last staff changed my mind, I'm now determined to find another place.

First the lamp by the bed was broken- literally and there was a used band aid by the bed. The shower head was loose with water spraying out above the shower curtain soaking the floor and carpet. I approach the desk and reported the problems which I found were taken care of the next evening. However I noticed that the sink had not been cleaned. When checking out the service desk person didn't seemed bothered that the sink was not cleaned, not apolozing. Geez. I know this is a boom town but will make more of an effort to find ANOTHER place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business