“Place is pretty good”

Radisson Hotel Bismarck
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed here for a total of a week in April 2014 in two different stays. Place was great. Clean recently renovated rooms. I found the beds comfortable. Most of the staff was great. I ate breakfast in the restaurant every morning and it was very good. Had a dinner also which was very good. Shuttle bus is quick to respond to the airport and if you let them know the night before, ready to take you to the airport the next morning. What is there not to like.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Broadway are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for the good review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here before. We choose Radisson because of a few factors: there name, they are pet friendly, located right downtown, free parking, restaurant and bar, and shuttle service. That's all good, but when it came to the quality of our room, we were way disappointed again. The first time we stayed here we got a sleep # bed. That was horrible. All they could say was it must have been a bad/ broken bed. The bathrooms are outdated also. So we stayed a second time and requested to have a regular mattress bed. And they told us the rooms have been renovated. Well, we were disappointed again. A couple coats of paint doesn't count. The bed was uncomfortable and it was a run down pet room. I expect better from Radisson. I don't expect to get a bottom of the barrel room just because I have a pet.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your review. I could only ask that you give me a call so I can get more information from you regarding your comments. I am truly sorry for anything that we did to make your stay not good, that is not what we are here for. I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Thank You!
Lyle GM of the Radisson Bismarck.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Although I stay at hotels in Bismarck regularly I had not stayed at the Radisson for some time. The check in was quick and the front desk staff was friendly. As is often the case I had to sign the firm which indicated I would be charged $200 if I smoked in the room. When I got into the room it smelled of stale smoke. Although it was not so bad that I had to move I called the front desk to tell them of the smell. They offered to move me but since I had settled in I just wanted them to note the problem. They indicated they would leave a note for the housekeeping staff. This hotel shares the parking ramp. I drive a full size SUV and have to be real careful when I enter and park as it is all very tight. They have the sleep number bed. This bed was uncomfortable as it seemed bumpy. The biggest problem with the sleep number bed is that just about the time you get it adjusted for your sleep confortv, you leave. I stayed for two nights but did not sleep real well either night. When housekeeping came in after the first day they made the bed and replaced my single serve coffee and that was it. The coffee was good and it is nice to drink from a glass cup. I spent most of the evenings channel surfing as I could not find a printed channel guide. It was missing in the directory in the room. The building seems to be constructed well but I would hear every door close and every guest in the hall. Although the price was right and the room nicely appointed, I will probably find other accommodations next time I am in town.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

I would like to say thank you for the review. I am sorry about the Sleep Number bed and you not finding the right number right away. That being said some like the bed and some guests do not. I would ask for you to give us another chance to make it better for you. We do have rooms that do not have the Sleep Number in them. Thanks again and would hope to see you again

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a very old and outdated property. The walls are extremely thin, you could hear everything that was happening in the hallway plain as day. I did enjoy the lounge and restaurant though. They are renovating this hotel so I will definitely give it another shot in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

We will have new looks all around the hotel when you visit again. Thank you for staying and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We arrived Friday night and was given a very small room with two sleep number beds. One was completely broken one side all the way up and one side as low as it could go. They came in and looked at it and said the compressor was gone. They would fix it in the morning because one of our guests was already sleeping. We couldn't switch rooms because nothing was available the following night. They gave us money off the second night and said they would fix the bed while we were out. We came back Saturday afternoon and everything looked ok but when we woke up the next morning both beds were completely deflated! They said there was nothing they could do, the girl at the desk didn't know anything about it. We paid our bill and left. I should send them my $80 chiropractic bill I just got this morning after getting my back fixed. I would stay again for the location only but would walk right out if they gave me another sleep number bed!

Room Tip: stay away from sleep number beds!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Sorry about the bed, we do have many rooms without the Sleep number bed in them. I hope to see you again. Thanks You.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here during a week long business trip to Bismarck. Overall, the hotel is good, I would probably give it a 3.5 star rating if able. They are in the middle of renovating, which other than the signs posted I did not see/hear any evidence of.

Check-in: There were 2 of us sharing a room and the first room we were given was a King bed, although our reservation was for a double. After a long day of traveling and carting all of your luggage all the way to the end of a hall to have the room be incorrect is frustrating. The 2 gals at check in were just ok; there was some bickering back and forth while we were checking in over which one of them should answer the telephone.
Maid service was very thorough and they came through every day. Two of the days when I came back to the room after working 15 hrs the maid had left the air conditioning on 60 or 62 and it was freezing in the room and took a very long time to warm up again.
The beds at this hotel are sleep number...nice thought but I am personally not a fan. The rooms are very small, there is really only room for 1 suitcase and if there is more than 1 of you, the room is extremely tight; same with the bathroom. A fridge in the room would be a nice touch.
The bedding, towels and furniture are all in great shape/high quality.
There is a restaurant/lounge on site and room service; I used all 3 services and was pleased with the service. It was very nice to not have to go out in the cold.
There is a parking ramp attached to the hotel, which is nice particularly if raining or snowing. The corners are very tight in the parking ramp, so a large vehicle/truck might not be a good idea to try to get around with in there.
This hotel is right across the street from Sanford Hospital, making it handy for anyone visiting family, etc.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the review. Your comments help me improve our service. I would hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My suite was lovely with a sofa and work desk, coffee maker, TV and fridge but no microwave.

The iPod dock was a bonus.

The sleep number bed and pillows was super comfortable and the bathroom was lovely with excellent towels and toiletries.

The parking in the station next door was free on weekend, but apparently the hotel gives you a voucher on weekdays.

The hotel provides a shuttle service to surrounding restaurants and attractions.

This is a good base for a visit to Bismarck.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you and would hope to see you againg soon.