“Not what I had expected for a Radisson”

Radisson Hotel Bismarck
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Although I stay at hotels in Bismarck regularly I had not stayed at the Radisson for some time. The check in was quick and the front desk staff was friendly. As is often the case I had to sign the firm which indicated I would be charged $200 if I smoked in the room. When I got into the room it smelled of stale smoke. Although it was not so bad that I had to move I called the front desk to tell them of the smell. They offered to move me but since I had settled in I just wanted them to note the problem. They indicated they would leave a note for the housekeeping staff. This hotel shares the parking ramp. I drive a full size SUV and have to be real careful when I enter and park as it is all very tight. They have the sleep number bed. This bed was uncomfortable as it seemed bumpy. The biggest problem with the sleep number bed is that just about the time you get it adjusted for your sleep confortv, you leave. I stayed for two nights but did not sleep real well either night. When housekeeping came in after the first day they made the bed and replaced my single serve coffee and that was it. The coffee was good and it is nice to drink from a glass cup. I spent most of the evenings channel surfing as I could not find a printed channel guide. It was missing in the directory in the room. The building seems to be constructed well but I would hear every door close and every guest in the hall. Although the price was right and the room nicely appointed, I will probably find other accommodations next time I am in town.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

I would like to say thank you for the review. I am sorry about the Sleep Number bed and you not finding the right number right away. That being said some like the bed and some guests do not. I would ask for you to give us another chance to make it better for you. We do have rooms that do not have the Sleep Number in them. Thanks again and would hope to see you again

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Bismarck

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a very old and outdated property. The walls are extremely thin, you could hear everything that was happening in the hallway plain as day. I did enjoy the lounge and restaurant though. They are renovating this hotel so I will definitely give it another shot in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

We will have new looks all around the hotel when you visit again. Thank you for staying and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We arrived Friday night and was given a very small room with two sleep number beds. One was completely broken one side all the way up and one side as low as it could go. They came in and looked at it and said the compressor was gone. They would fix it in the morning because one of our guests was already sleeping. We couldn't switch rooms because nothing was available the following night. They gave us money off the second night and said they would fix the bed while we were out. We came back Saturday afternoon and everything looked ok but when we woke up the next morning both beds were completely deflated! They said there was nothing they could do, the girl at the desk didn't know anything about it. We paid our bill and left. I should send them my $80 chiropractic bill I just got this morning after getting my back fixed. I would stay again for the location only but would walk right out if they gave me another sleep number bed!

Room Tip: stay away from sleep number beds!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Sorry about the bed, we do have many rooms without the Sleep number bed in them. I hope to see you again. Thanks You.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here during a week long business trip to Bismarck. Overall, the hotel is good, I would probably give it a 3.5 star rating if able. They are in the middle of renovating, which other than the signs posted I did not see/hear any evidence of.

Check-in: There were 2 of us sharing a room and the first room we were given was a King bed, although our reservation was for a double. After a long day of traveling and carting all of your luggage all the way to the end of a hall to have the room be incorrect is frustrating. The 2 gals at check in were just ok; there was some bickering back and forth while we were checking in over which one of them should answer the telephone.
Maid service was very thorough and they came through every day. Two of the days when I came back to the room after working 15 hrs the maid had left the air conditioning on 60 or 62 and it was freezing in the room and took a very long time to warm up again.
The beds at this hotel are sleep number...nice thought but I am personally not a fan. The rooms are very small, there is really only room for 1 suitcase and if there is more than 1 of you, the room is extremely tight; same with the bathroom. A fridge in the room would be a nice touch.
The bedding, towels and furniture are all in great shape/high quality.
There is a restaurant/lounge on site and room service; I used all 3 services and was pleased with the service. It was very nice to not have to go out in the cold.
There is a parking ramp attached to the hotel, which is nice particularly if raining or snowing. The corners are very tight in the parking ramp, so a large vehicle/truck might not be a good idea to try to get around with in there.
This hotel is right across the street from Sanford Hospital, making it handy for anyone visiting family, etc.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the review. Your comments help me improve our service. I would hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My suite was lovely with a sofa and work desk, coffee maker, TV and fridge but no microwave.

The iPod dock was a bonus.

The sleep number bed and pillows was super comfortable and the bathroom was lovely with excellent towels and toiletries.

The parking in the station next door was free on weekend, but apparently the hotel gives you a voucher on weekdays.

The hotel provides a shuttle service to surrounding restaurants and attractions.

This is a good base for a visit to Bismarck.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you and would hope to see you againg soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

All the staff at the Radisson were helpful and courteous. I lost my scarf at check in and the front desk clerk made sure she found me to return it. Nice lounge and the black jack dealers were a blast! The rooms are small. If someone is sitting at the desk, they have to move to let someone past. The remote for the sleep number bed did not work. I had the thermostat set to 76 degrees, and the room was still freezing cold. The speaker at our seminar bought a space heater because her room was so cold. This was our 2nd stay at the Radisson, and both times, the hot tub was out of order. The rooms were very quiet, however.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Angie W

Thanks for the review. Sorry about the cold, this winter has been the worst that I have ever seen.
As for the hot tub it was down do to the remodel of our pool area and am truly sorry for that. I hope the we will see you again. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The staff was friendly. The room was tidy. The conference room staff addressed my concerns.... BUT.....

They were on me to get out of the room after 12:00PM. I had four knocks on the door, and one phone call. Yet, I was giving a lecture (brought in about 50 attendees) and requested a late check-out. Even after I requested this... I still got called, knocks on the doors etc....

And... it was noisy. I slept about 3-4 hours is all b/c it's right next to the train tracks. Train tooted its horn all night. Ugh.

I would definitely look for other accommodations, especially if you're there on business. They're not accustomed to business travelers I guess.

Steven

Room Tip: Don't stay there if you're a business traveler.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your review. I am truly sorry about the 12 PM house keepers and front desk. Not what I want to hear from our guests. The train noise is being address by the city and a Quit Rail will be worked on soon. I would ask for you to give us another chance to make you stay better. Thank you for being a customer of ours.