“Surprised it is Still a Radisson”

Radisson Hotel Bismarck
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Venice, Florida
“Surprised it is Still a Radisson”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We recently stayed at the Bismarck Radisson. Out business was in downtown Bismarck so the location was very handy. And, it is close to The Toasted Frog which is an excellent eating and drinking establishment. Unfortunately that is about all the good there is to report about this property. Our room was small and not very clean. The bathroom was outdated as were the room's fixtures and furniture. The bed, a Sleep Number, was comfortable but the cleanliness of the bedding was uncertain. Just not up the the standards of what we expect from a Radisson Hotel in a booming state capitol.
The hotel's restaurant was a decent appearing cafe. At breakfast we waited for quite a while for the host to acknowledge our presence. He then grudgingly found us a table in the mostly vacant dining area. The food was good and the server did a good job. Still, not what would be expected.
Overall the location is good but the hotel need a face lift and probably new management.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room with a Sleep Number bed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. Sorry we did not please you 100%, we try our best to make everyone feel at home and enjoy their stay. Would hope to see you again. We are constantly updating and will have another 47 rooms remodeled this year. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Property is a bit older but nicely updated to today's standards. Close to the Kirkland Mall as well. Free parking attached to the hotel so no issues with that. We did not eat in hotel. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the review, nice to see that you like the area and our Hotel. Hope to see you again.
Tioga, North Dakota
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson when I was in Bismarck for surgery. Although I only stayed one night (before my surgery) my husband stayed 5 nights and he had nothing bad to say about this hotel. I thought it was clean, comfortable and by far the most convenient location for anyone who needs to be near the hospitals (St. Alexius just 2 blocks away). Also close to the local restaurants and the mall! We thought the bathroom was the nicest we've seen in any of the hotels we've stayed at. Good water pressure in the shower. The bed was very comfortable although it was one of those tall ones that you would need a stool to hike up into if you're short like myself. It would be better if they had a stool handy in the room for the height challenged :). But all in all we were quite satisfied with the Radisson!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for the 5 star review.
Winnipeg
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a decent hotel located in central Bismarck. Not quite as nice as the Radisson Fargo, at which we had stayed the previous night. Front desk staff were pleasant if a bit slow. We had a business class room on the eighth floor, which provided some protection from the noise from the train tracks (we only noticed one train during our stay). The room was very spacious and well maintained. We took advantage of our breakfast credit at the hotel restaurant, but in this regard the hotel was a bit of a disappointment: service was a bit slow, and I noticed the table cloths and napkins were very worn with some stains. On the plus side, portion sizes and meal quality were good. This hotel is ideally located for shopping, with a mall located a very short drive away. Parking is free for hotel guests in a parkade next to the hotel.

Room Tip: As other reviewers mentioned, there are train tracks near the hotel, so a higher-floor room will pro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your review. We hope to see you again
Joplin, MT
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I went to Bismarck for the dog show. When I made my reservation I stated that I needed a room with a refrigerator and was told a queen suite was the only room available beings I had my pet and i was fine with that, (I usually like to stay in King suites). Upon arrival the front entrance to this hotel was extremely congested with cars blocking the tiny driveway where I had to litterally drive up over the curb to get off the busy street to be able to park.
Check in went smoothly and the bell man took my bags to my room so they were there by the time I got parked in the adjoining parking garage and upto the 6th floor. My room wasn't clean...with hair on the bathroom floor and dusty dark wood furniture but the rooms had been updated and looked nice. Later in the evening I had to have a maintance man come fix the slow flushing toliet. That was a story all it's own so I won't go into it here, let just say, CREEPY!

The room service girls were both nice and friendly...food was mediocre at best.

All in all my stay was okay...nothing outstanding by any means but for the price they should be providing a higher end stay.

I will look for a different hotel if I return for next years shows.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors (no lower than 5th) because it is noisy with traffic and train noise...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I would ask you for your business again if ever in the area. We pride ourselves on service and would like to make it up to you. Thanks again
Hibbing
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We stay quite frequently in the Roseville, MN Radisson, which we LOVE, so when we arrived in Bismark I thought I was "safe" with the Radisson brand. The desk staff were joking around with each other while I was attempting to check in, the toilet handle had to be jiggled after each use or it would continue to fill, the room fan was really loud. We went to the restaurant and stood at the hostess station for 5 minutes and no one noticed us so we went to the bar and had a Chef Salad which contained wilted greens, some rubbery veggies and no egg. The waitress was also the bartender and was trying to be attentive in addition to mixing drinks and waiting on customers, etc. I won't stay here on our return through Bismark. The place is in need of some management.

• Stayed August 2013
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry that you were disappointed in your stay. We try our best for pleasing everyone.
Wrightstown, New Jersey
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Raddison for a two week stay on business. Front desk was very accommodating and gave friendly and professional services. The room was adequate for my stay, pretty basic set up. The only downside was no fridge or microwave. I didn't ask for one but it's always nice to have it available in the room. The bed was fantastic, I got to test drive a sleep number bed and can see proof behind the advertising! The location of the hotel provides convenient, within walking distance to all of the local restaurants and bars. I was very pleased with my stay and would return again if I ever arrive in Bismarck again.

• Stayed June 2013
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Very nice review. Thank you and hope to see you again someday.