“Small rooms, un-exciting decor”

Radisson Hotel Bismarck
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Fort Worth, Texas
“Small rooms, un-exciting decor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I, along with several coworkers, stayed the night here while passing through Bismarck on business. When I first got to my room I wondered why the door off the hall opened into a closet, that was until I saw the bed and noticed that this was indeed my room. Very small with only minimal room to spread out. As I was just in town for the night, it wasn't much of an issue, however had I been staying any extended period it would have gotten very tight very quick. Bathroom followed the same model and was small and many of the fixtures were older. The room however was clean, so I was thankful for that.

One thing to be mindful of is the parking situation near the hotel. Parking is provided in the adjacent garage to the east of the hotel by way of tickets passed out in the lobby. Across the street is a parking garage connected to the hotel by a skywalk, this garage is not part of the ticket program (weird since its actually attached via the skywalk). However, if the provided garage is full, this may be your only alternative. Note that for those checking out early there is no attendant in this garage till mid-morning so you'll need proper change to exit.

Overall not a bad stay, but next time I'll probably try a different option.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for the review. The parking is owned by the city. We do take care of our guests parking as you stated in the ramp attached to the Radisson. When the need is to park in the other ramp we have an agreement that they will to honor the parking we provide all of our guests. If you wish to contact me I would try to get your money refunded to you. Also I would like to have you as our guest again if ever you are in town. Thanks again for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were on bike trip and planned on staying in Dickinson, but due to a variety of factors, we could not find a hotel that we wanted to stay at, so we kept going to Bismark. We called while on the road, made reservations and they gave us directions as to how to find the Radisson. The staff was very helpful checking in going the extra mile to help my buddy get his bike into the parking lot....the ticket issuing machine was on the fritz. There is a fine bar and restaurant. We ate at the bar so that we could watch the Olympics. I'm gonig to presume that there is a fitness center as there usually is one at Radissons but frankly we were to tired to care! Very nice hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for the review. Be safe on the bike trip and if you ever make it back to the area would love to have you stay with us again.
NE South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed here while she was in town to take her bar exam. We were placed in a room with an adjoining door. As the end of the evening approached we realized that sound traveled through that door, and our neighbors were laughing and visiting loudly (nothing obnoxious). Called the front desk to request a room change and they were very pleasant and helpful and has us moved in minutes! Our second room was extremely quiet. It was very clean and the sleep number beds were a plus. Plenty of hot water. I thought the size of the room was adequate for a down town hotel. I liked that it was in walking distance to several eating places.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
A Great Review. Thank you for staying with us and hope if your travels bring you back we can be your go to place in Bismarck. Thank you again for the review and have a great rest of the summer.
Otter Rock, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Radisson Hotel in Bismarck and for the most part was pleased with my accommodations. The "executive" room was bit on the smallish side, but my request for a high floor away from the vending and ice machines was fulfilled.

Check-in was less-than-steller when I had to return to the front desk to get my door key charged because apparently, the clerk failed to do so at check-in. A minor annoyance. I also had to actively solicit information about where and how to park plus the on-site restaurant hours. But that was the exception for service during my stay.

The elevators were quick and quiet. The hotel has two wings one runs North-South and the other runs East-West. My room faced south (on the East end) and had a comfortable couch, a good reading chair with bright floor lamp and a generous refrigerator with a small freezer compartment. The microwave and refrigerator were in cabinet. The flat screen TV sat onto of the cabinet and a king sized sleep number bed was across a relatively tight space. On each side of the bed were two table lamps which had convenient electric plugs in their base. An excellent clock radio with I phone and auxiliary cable jack was on the far side of the bed. Great sound from the radio--a very nice addition. The desk and chair were adequate. There was no lap-top safe. The bathroom was very clean and the water flow was generous and quite warm. The towels were also good quality and large. My only real negative comment is that the room service (which was very quick and personable) brought a pice of carrot cake that was just a sliver. For nearly $6.00 a slice (and over $15.00 for a small pot of coffee and the cake delivered), it would be nice to enjoy both an adequate slice of the carrot cake and hot coffee (the first cup was hot--the container did not keep the second cup hot) in an actual cup or mug and not styrofoam (as was delivered). But the coffee was welcomed and the carrot cake was delicious. $15.00 with the gratuity for both was ridiculous. I've paid less in Denver or Manhattan for the same. The menu was otherwise limited with no wine or beer list (you have to call and ask) and room service stops at 10 P.M. I didn't bother with breakfast because the menu was so limited. Check out was with a phone call to the front desk and a breeze. Would I return? Likely so. I found the bed quite comfortable and I like a quiet room.

Room Tip: Towards the ends.
1 Thank SkiingWonder
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments, I hope to see you again soon.
chicago, Illinoi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Adequate. Nothing out of the ordinary, could be better with a little more elbow grease.

• Stayed July 2012
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for the review. If your travel ever brings you back to the area would like to have you as our guest again. Thanks again.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Handy Place to Stay, Easy walk to Civic Center, Main is a very busy street at night. Mex food and Bar's down Main street. Nice People in town. Clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for the review. You are right the Downtown is fun in Bismarck. I hope that you if your travels bring you back that we are your #1 Hotel to stay at. Thanks again.
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

The staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms are small, but very clean so the housekeeping has got it together which makes it comfortable. Nice TV's and lots of hot water. Rooms have sleep number beds which are horrible for soft bed people, so depending on your preference of firm, medium or soft decide if it is right for you.

My problem was the restaurant and bar. The menu had several steak variations and I asked for a menu variation of the peppercorn porterhouse steak with a few fried shrimp. To the waitress it seemed like a reasonable request and did all she could to deliver my request. When my steak arrived it did not have the mushrooms or onions as the menu indicated. The waitress took my issue to the chef and he allegedly told the waitress that this was not available as indicated on the menu. Ok, so I start on the improperly delivered steak, it was a little overdone but not too much. THEN, I took a bite of the third shrimp and bit into cold, raw, shellfish. Enough to put down the fork and knife and call it a night. When brought to the waitresses attention she called the manager and let me know I didn't have to pay for the dinner, still had to pay for the drink. The entire time the waitress was very friendly. I took my drink to the bar and the bartender was not necessarily rude but spent all her spare time reading the newspaper....after a couple attempts at conversation I just gave up.

So the name Radisson in Bismarck to me is just a cheap chain motel with a bad restaurant and bar. For less money you can get the room rate of a cheap chain motel and better food next door.

Room Tip: Request a sleep number bed only if you like firm beds.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for your review and the compliments on our staff! I also want to apologize for the meal in the restaurant. This will be followed up on and defintely addressed since it is our goal to make sure every guest is satisfied. We would ask that you give us another chance the next time your travels being you back to Bismarck as we will defintely make the necessary changes. Thank you for you feedback!

Travelers are raving about these Bismarck hotels