“Good food, good service but small bathroom but we would stay again!”
Review of Days Inn Bismarck

Days Inn Bismarck
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed July 30, 2009

The cooked to order eggs are a real treat, does it make up for the size of the bathroom? Our bathroom was very small and the sink area did not have space for our ditty bag but they had added a shelf over the sink and that helped. Would we stay here again? Most likely since the price was good and everything was clean and comfortable, just small. They do a great job on the rooms for the space they have.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2009

We just needed a place to stay for the night as we traveled across the country. We found this hotel and enjoyed a good nights rest. The room wasn't anything special, and maybe a bit small compared to some of the newer places but the breakfast made the difference. They gave us two papers for breakfast with options to check off. You had a choice of Bacon or Sausage, Eggs of your choice and either pancakes or toast and maybe more. This was all cooked to order by handing the cook your piece of paper that you chose your favorite. On top of this there were waffles you could make and cold serial and what most other breakfasts have.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I wish I'd found them earier. A nice place for a stop-over. About $60 and a free breakfast (could cost $10 or more each elsewhere.)

Ok rooms - smallish rooms - but has pool, hot tub and sauna. Right in the main area by the interstate and next door to a nice restaurant.

Friendly staff and a recommended place in Bismarck.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Stayed here on business. Arrived at 6:00 p.m. and was told that my room would be another hour before it was ready. When I finally got IN to my room, I was a little taken back to realize it was roughly the size of a small school bus. On top of that, the bed was like a slab of concrete, there was only one accessible plug-in, and there wasn't batteries in ANYTHING. To make my experience even more enjoyable, the bill came out to something like $125!

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed September 12, 2008

There were good and not so good aspects of staying here. The good:
--Hotel is right off freeway.
--Very lax pet policy--a flat $5 fee for two cats.
--The room didn't appear to be a "special" (meaning disgusting) pet only room.
--Pool area was very nice (but very crowded with annoying children...but this isn't the hotel's fault)
--microwave and fridge in the room at no extra charge.
--breakfast is great! They prepare a hot breakfast for you, with eggs (fried or scrambled), choice of meat (sausage or bacon), and carb choice (pancakes or hashbrowns and toast). They had cold items too--cereal, bagels, bananas. So a much better "free" breakfast than most places. When you stay here, remember to tip the people cooking breakfast, people. The woman who was at the grill when we were there was going non-stop for about 4-5 hours and was still friendly.

Not so good:
--Room was small. I'm not one to care about this, but since a lot of people do, it is worth mentioning.
--There was a hole in the bottom of the box springs. Why would anyone care about this, you might ask? We were traveling with two very curious cats, who were thrilled about the hole as a hiding place. We thought that we had lost our cat for about 30 minutes. Once we found her, we had to line the bed with our suitcases to keep her from going back in (since being next to coil springs is not overly safe).
--A fire alarm went off at 3 in the morning. Since we had to wake up early and drive for over 8 hours the next day, this was a big pain. I don't know how much of this was the hotel's fault since there wasn't a fire (bad wiring?) but it left a really negative impression of the place.

I should mention that this place was pretty inexpensive. We had a AAA discount. So you could do a whole lot worse for the price and much, much worse if you're traveling with pets. But if I were traveling through Bismarck again, I actually might stay somewhere else.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Overall very nice stay. The room was a little small, but it came with a fridge and microwave- nice size fridge compared to some hotels I've been to.

I thought everyone was clean. The pool was great- they even pumped in AC near the tables and chairs (I've never seen that before and it was much appreciated). My son had a nice time in the pool.

Breakfast was ok. I'm a vegetarian and was hoping for more fruit, but I think they don't put out a lot of stuff in the buffet area because of the hot, custom food (like bacon). I was expecting a little more for breakfast. My son couldn't eat anything but an apple. There were no plain bagels (which is his favorite). Another place I stayed had a hotel breakfast and lots of sides- condiments, etc. So it was a lot better. But, again- this place was ok. Just don't get your hopes up high for the breakfast.

I would stay here again. Good location too. Internet worked fine.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We stopped in here while driving the interstate -- rooms were clean, and pets were allowed. Very nice breakfast in the morning (included eggs and hashbrowns).

Recommend the restaurant across the access road -- it's called "East 40" and their food is superb! I'm just disappointed that we had to eat it sitting on the floor of the hotel room while our 8-month old baby slept -- the meal would have been even better with a glass of wine in the restaurant itself :)

Stayed: June 2008