“The service makes the place”

Budget Inn Express Bismarck
Ranked #32 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I got checked in with no problems, they got me a room that I needed. The room is well equiped with microwave, cable, fridge, internet and free phone. Some places I checked do not have those services, and are way out of the way. I had a problem with the internet, and they came right over to check the problem, not blaming my computer to write me off. The problem was with their router and they had it fixed within the hour. They asked me if I needed anything else and made sure everything was in order. I needed a clean room with internet and I got more then I asked for.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank snaredrumnorthdakota

Reviewed June 25, 2008

The place is a mess-run down, dirty, half finished projects everywhere. Arrived at 10:30PM to a locked office door. No instructions for contacting staff were posted anywhere at the facility. Teenagers all over the parking lot, racing car engines and going in and out of rooms. Finally got the manager to open the office door, checked in, and went to the room. Cigaretter butts and trash all over the sidewalk, inside, filthy carpeting, disgusting bathroom, and SCARY beds.

Next day, around 8AM, head for the office to get coffee. Locked. Try again at 8:30-still locked. People were trying to check out, finally at 8:45AM the manager came out in his pajamas. One man complained that he didn't receive his 8:00AM wake up call, manager's response "sorry, I over slept". Amidst all this, the manager keeps telling people that the motel is under new management and they are trying to get things straightened up. I couldn't help but wonder how it had been before.

Anyway, we left for the day, came back at 6PM, no housekeeping service had been to the room. Went to the desk-he told me to bring the sheets and towels and he'd call the cleaning woman. She never showed up, needless to say.

Couldn't wait to get out of the place the next day, but had to wait, because the manager wasn't in the office until after 9:30AM. Came to the door in his pajama's. again.

Absolutely not worth 30 a night. let alone almost 70.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Venango
USA_window_cleaner, General manager at Budget Inn Express Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2008

This guest stayed here during the world's biggest softball tournamnet in the United States. This time of year always attracts young youthful people that fill up all the hotels in Bismarck. Management lets these softall players have their fun, but we do insist on keeping the motel quiet at 10pm. We are blind sided by this review, we would have certainly worked with this guest as much as possible during this season but were unaware at all, that they were unhappy. Our lobby is open from 7 AM to 11pm, My Wife and I Live on site. But, there is a buzzer to let guest alert us after hours when we may be sleeping. We were at 100% occupancy before, after and during this tournemant and this is the only complaint we received???? I invite this guest to call me personally so I can refund her in full! Thank you McQuade Softball Players for your continued patronage.

Reviewed January 23, 2008

Thank you Budget Inn Express Staff. You made our stay so very comfortable. Housekeeping staff and front desk people were very nice and even gave us room service! The room was very spacious with a king size bed, fridge and microwave. Coffee was fresh in the AM and staff took the time to have a cup with us. WiFi Internet was great, front desk helped us get online. Thank you and we will see you next year.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cowgirl411
Reviewed September 13, 2007

Fifteen years ago I stayed here when this was a family owned/operated motel. Then it was clean and comfortable. So I decided to try it again; what a mistake. Nothing has changed in 15 years; same carpet, drapes, bedspread. But the carpet was filty, the drapes weren't hanging on drapery hooks, the heater didn't work, cigarette butts littered the sidewalks, the ceiling in the bathroom leaked into the tub.

Stayed: September 2007
wizardry, General Manager at Budget Inn Express Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2007

Currently under new management! On-site Management. Exterior improvements. Upgraded laundry facilities. Quality housekeeping staff and maintenance crew. We are committed to creating a clean, comfortable and affordable experience.

Reviewed August 30, 2007

My girlfriend and I had to find a place to stay for the first few nights while we were in Bismarck. This looked like a descent place to stay. We booked in for 2 nights. The manager was rude and unwilling to work out a weekly rate which we desprately needed. She gave us a room but then told us we had to move the next morning to an upstairs room. The second room had no working lightbulbs. It took them 6 hours to bring up some new lightbulbs for us. Both rooms had stained floors, curtains and sheets. The comforters had cigarette burns in them. The Televisions were small and did not have very good reception. I have never stayed at a motel where you had to get the television remote from the front desk. Whatever you do, avoid this place at all costs. For the same price we paid there we were able to stay at the Super 8 with a much nicer atmosphere.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed March 19, 2007

Run down property in need of restoration and good cleaning. Carpet and chairs worn & stained, rock hard dated beds. No regulation of room heat. Walls paper thin. Leaky and damaged door. Water dangerously scalding hot or ice cold. The linnens were plentyful but washed out.

On the plus side. Living on site, friendly manager greeted me at the door with an upgrade to a non smoking double bed & unsecure WiFi access. The facility shows hard use by road working crews extensively using the motel as the price is the lowest in Bismarck. I Probably would not patronize again unless I had no other options. At only the cost of a good steak dinner, the motel was full and the
secure parking very tight. It beats sleeping in your car but don't expect much. You get what you pay for. Other rooms may have been better.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business