“happy”

Ranked #32 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Huron, South Dakota
“happy”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I just spent 2 night at the motel & my room was great & the price made it even better. It was newly remodeled with a hot tub! April (the manager) was a great help to this 1st time alone traveler in her 60s, She went out of her way to make me fell safe & comfortable there. I will stay again if I have the chance to do so. And for the dog, yes there was one that was so darned friendly & she wanted was to be petted!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank sjjngg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Twin Cities
Reviewed March 2, 2010

It was by far the worst hotel I have ever gone too. I felt like I was going to get mugged in the parking lot. The place is a [--] hole. DO NOT GO THERE!

Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank bionichillbilly
CleanCorners, General Manager at Budget Inn Express Bismarck, responded to this review, March 13, 2010
Oh Cmon! You got to be kidding. Budget Inn Express in Bismarck is located less than 200 feet from the ND Federal Building, FBI and Homeland Security Offices. We are also located 2 Blocks from the Burleigh County Sheriff's Department! Our Motel Has 16 High Definition Security Cameras, Brand New Keyless Entry Security Locks AND On Site Staff and Security 24 Hours a day! I see in the review the guest had no complaints on Service, Cleanliness, Price or anything else other than the paranoid feeling of being "mugged"! Budget Inn Express is committed to a safe, secure, comfortable stay for our patrons.

Travelers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

st. paul
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Having stayed there for 3 months,, at no point, i was not less than 100 percent happy. the ladies in the office were, nice and very friendly, the cleaning staff were always happy and professional. The budget inn is a great place to stay and well worth the price. I wouldnt have stayed for so long if i wasnt completely happy,, On my next business trip to ND i WILL be going back to the Budget Inn express Brian Landgraf

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank chewy12
williston
Reviewed October 9, 2009

i was in Bismarck for a family reunion the week end of the Pow Wow. Of course there was not one motel room available except this ONE. Getting there late i just entered the room and left. i did notice an additional door joining my room to the next room was unlocked. I told the lady at the front desk and she did not even know there was another door in that room.
I returned late that evening I got a chance to LOOK at the room. It was the filthiest room I have ever seen. Food particles, gravel, dirt and rocks on the carpet, bottle caps and other garbage on the floor under the stand. The TV remote was duct taped together and the TV worked for a period of a couple minutes and then it was white snow.
The bathtub was black with the scum ring completely around it. The shower curtain was moldy on the the bottom. The toilet was full and had not been flushed.
The WORST was the entire ceiling tile was black with MOLD. I told the very rude lady at the dest the next morning. She said she would refund me 50% and let me check out for Saturday night. When I called back later to see what my total charges were she told me she only refunded me 30%. When I asked her why she lied, she hung up on me. She said I could have checked out that night. Well, where was I to go? This was the last motel room in Bismarck.
Unbelievable! There is no way I would ever recommend anyone to stay in this motel. And you can come back with all of the exuses you want--it will not justify the rudeness and filth of that room and your entire motel from the sounds of others.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank BrandyJoWilliston
NdLala
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Where do I start? We drove into the parking lot and was met by German Sheppards and a sign that said beware of dogs, as we continued, there was a potpouri of junk in the parking lot (including a toilet). My husband went to check in and was welcomed with a woman in her PJs and no bra on. The electrical in the office was held up with duct tape. We proceeded to check into our room ( we reserved non-smoking, my husband has asthma and allergies) and the hallway to the room was littered with cigarette butts and needed a good vaccuming. In our room the linoleum was curling up in the bathroom floor, our microwave was splattered with paint, the blinds had pieces missing so whoever was outside could see in, and the worst part was it was HEAVILY saturated with smoke. My husband started gaging, we couldn't stay there. He went to get a different room, but supposedly it was all they had and she wouldn't give us our money back. even though it was not what we reserved and she didn't care about my husbands health problems. We left and stayed at a nice motel for $10 more.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Samantha8383, General Manaer at Budget Inn Express Bismarck, responded to this review, September 30, 2009
First of all we are a pet friendly hotel. We have about 5 rooms that we allow pets in. The signs are simply on the fence so that people know that there are dogs there. None of the dogs that we have had at the hotel have ever done anything to our patrons. Secondly the toilet was not in the parking lot it was next to the room that we are working on remodeling. If the person that was checking in the guest was in her pj's that would tell me that it was probably late at night. Our hotel is in the shape of a U therefore when the wind blows we get all the garbage from off the streets there is nothing that we can do about that late at night. Our staff continuosly cleans our halls and steps daily. The guest had booked a room online when we unfortunately did not have that room available. We informed the guest of the only other room that we had available and the guest took the room. Our cancelation policy is very simple.... If you are unsatisfied with your room let us know we will try to move you to a different room or correct the problem when possible. If the guest has been in the room for a while used the bathroom or simply dirtied the room in any way we can not refund them, due to the fact that we would have to clean the room to rent it out again. I am glad to see that they found a non-smoking room somewhere else, unfortunately the guest had that option in the very beginning.
Arborg, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2009

The hotel toom that we suppose to have was to be a non smoking and it stunk with smoke. The grassed area with the chairs do not exist, in fact it was a dog pound for the owners two barking dog. The manager was rude, and even got to the point of getting violent when I asked for my money back for the second night because we wanted to check out. This was the dumpiest hotel that i have ever stayed in, I would not recommend this hotel to my worst friend.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
CleanCorners, General Manager at Budget Inn Express Bismarck, responded to this review, July 18, 2009
This guest was asked to leave due to his offensive and abusive behavior to my staff and guests in our lobby. This guest DID NOT receive a refund because he used the room. As for the "Dog Pound"... We have a well maintained pet / Kennel area for our K-9 Friends and travelers with pets. This area is maintained each day. We allocate 5 rooms out of 58 for pet rooms and these rooms are for Guests with pets only. This guest was in a NON PET room. Budget Inn Express invites all constructive critisism and comments but we must draw the line when a customer lashes out with fowl language and intimidation. My Front Desk Manager is a 5 foot 95 lb female..... Please sir. Pick on someone your own size.
Royal Oak
Reviewed June 6, 2009

The building was rundown and the parking lot crammed with barely room to turn around.
We were checked into a room that had its door open and all the furniture up on the beds. We figured housekeeping wasn't finished, so went out for a while. When we returned, we were told that the room was down for repairs. We were moved to another room which had a beer can tab on the bed, a dirty q-tip and various wrappers and other debris on the floor. The room was very outdated with filthy doors. When we came back after dinner, the place was crawling with loud, shady looking characters. We decided to check out and spend the night elsewhere. There is a no refund policy no matter how bad the room is.

• Stayed June 2009
2 Thank dakotatraveler426
CleanCorners, General Manager at Budget Inn Express Bismarck, responded to this review, July 2, 2009
This Patron check in during a furniture remodel as we were moving new beds, TV's and furniture. I apologize for this inconvenience. This project is complete.

A large portion of our guests are booked via internet or are regular returning Patrons. "Loud, Shady, Characters" is a little harsh.

I have a great housekeeping staff, but if something is overlooked, I would have moved this guest to another room or refunded in full.

If this guest is reading my response I invite you to try us again, on us.

Stephen