“Nice Experience”
Review of Ramada Bismarck

Ramada Bismarck
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed June 14, 2010

The Doublewood was originally a Ramada Inn, so is somewhat older. However, in my three stays there in the past month, I was pleased with the staff and cleanliness of rooms. In particular, I found the staff to be most helpful and attentive - a major plus to someone who spends about 200 days on the road annually. I would advise them to add a power strip in each room, as sometimes accessing power for a CPAP and computer were inconvenient.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed January 22, 2010

Business room was well-lit, strong wireless signal, comfortable king bed. Nice restaurant and a GREAT lounge, although I don't care for the cigarette smoking that is still allowed (many now-a-days don't allow it). Very friendly staff. Pool, whirlpool and sauna appear to be OK, although I didn't use them. Meeting rooms seem numerous and large enough if I wanted to hold a meeting.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed over a Saturday night to complete our Christmas shopping and what a GREAT stay we had. Upon check-in the front desk clerk was friendly and polite, very geniune. The room was AMAZING, fresh and updated. The bed was like heaven. Within minutes of getting settled in the desk clerk called to see if everything was good (and it was). The lounge was quite, and friendly. The Sunday Brunch in the restaurant was above anything I expected. I have stayed 2 times at this property since and each time I am pleased! KEEP IT UP!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2009

If you are thinking of staying at this hotel think again it is the worst by far for the rate rooms are dirty and the front desk was rude for my second night stay I checked out and went to the Days Inn and it was so much better I would not recommended this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Devanjames, General manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2009

Dear :

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 701-258-7000.

35029 Property

General Manager, Bernie J Eckroth
Best Western Doublewood Inn

Reviewed July 20, 2009

I spent 2 nights recently here and had a great experience. The staff at this hotel are dedicated to making you happy. When my flight did not arrive until after midnight Sunday they sent a taxi to pick me up. The very friendly driver met me at baggage claim, took me directly to the hotel and the hotel picked up the tab. They also picked up the tab for the ride back to the airport since their hotel shuttle was occupied when I left.

The room itself was clean, roomy and fairly quiet even though I was with a bunch of veterinary students half my age! But the real draw to this place is the staff. Another colleague needed to get to WalMart and Rhonda at the front desk clocked out and took her in her own car! Now that's dedication!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I was VERY nervous to stay here after reading the comments but was booked here by my client as I was speaking at a conference.
The shuttle to the airport was prompt and the driver was polite.
The location is close to area shops and they do have a shuttle.

The rooms were remodeled and clean. Mine was quiet and comfortable.

The restaurant was a bit slow on service but the waitress was pleasant, the food was good and the pricing was reasonable.

The staff who set up the speaking rooms were efficient and thorough. Everything went as scheduled.

The restaurant behind the hotel has DELICIOUS food and it is a quick walk across the street.

I was very happy with the stay, especially after reading the negative reviews. I stay 80 nights per year on the road and this location was quite satisfactory...I usually choose Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express but was pleasantly surprised with this Best Western!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank motherjanegoose
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Our stay here was terrible. We came to the Doublewood for a friend’s wedding. I was surprised at how quiet the courtyard was since we were so close to the interstate. But besides that it was terrible. It’s a little older hotel and just looks worn out. Many of the guests had their rooms broken into but the hotel didn’t seem to care, they just said that happens a lot when there is a wedding going on. Someone even tried to break into the bride’s room as she was getting ready for her wedding!

• Stayed: August 2006