“Put a piece of foam on a bed”
Review of Ramada Bismarck

Ramada Bismarck
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Regina
“Put a piece of foam on a bed”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel, which has switched brands to become a Ramada. I don't know when the last time I slept on an eggshell foam mattress but it must have been camping not a hotel that was charging around a $100 a night and to call it a king size bed is questionable. When my wife and I checked out, I brought this up and only got a shrug from the woman at the front desk. I have stayed here before but this is the last time, there are other hotels within walking distance that are just as convenient to Bismarck locations

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ed D
Keri S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of making many upgrades to our hotel. Carpet throughout the public space, we just did new beds and bedding in 54 of our Queen rooms as well as granite tub surrounds and vanities in all of our sleeping rooms. Our king beds are all being replaced shortly, in the mean time we did do a very good quality mattress topper to ensure the comfort of our guests as renovations take time! I am glad to hear that you stayed with us before, we hope that you will give us another try as we are very excited about the upgrades we are making to the hotel. I will definitley coach the front desk staff as they not only need to listen to you as a valued guest they should explain where we are at with our renovations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were there for a very large wedding the staff was great and were extreamly helpfull when it came to dealing with our large party. Our room was nice and clean. It was very nice to have everything under one roof which allowed us to spend more time with family and friends. Thank You

Room Tip: all the rooms were great
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Keri S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Congratulations on your wedding! Thanks for taking the time to let us know how extremely helpful the staff was. We want our guests to feel like they are home when they are here, so we are glad that we could provide that for you and your family. It is important to be able to spend quality time together at such special time in your lives. Best Wishes and we hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel was a headquarters for a camp my child attended. They did a very nice job being organized for such a large event. Clean rooms, ample gathering spaces. No question to me why this camp chooses this location every year.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you! So glad to hear that your child's experience here at the hotel and at the camp was good. We are fortunate to have the space to hold this event every year and the kids are fun to have here! Thank you for commenting on our clean rooms, this is something we take pride in daily as we want our guests to feel comfortable and enjoy their experience!
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I met my wife for lunch here and the food was great! Convenient to get to from anywhere in town, as they are right off I-94 and State Street. The restaurant had great food, and very friendly staff.
When I walked in the front door, I was greeted by the front desk staff and asked if they could help. They pointed me right to the dining room and thanked me for stopping in when I left.
They also have a lounge, so next time we are going out on the town, we will be definitly stopping by there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Keri S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thanks for stopping in for lunch! Glad you were pleased with the convenient location, friendly staff and good food! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again when you are back in town.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Could not get the heater to work right. Beds were terrible. Bathrooom was very small. Outdated room with dirty carpet (spills on it). Extremely overpriced for the condition of the room. Told front desk in the morning and they did nothing ( said we should have called last night ) It was too late by then!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lopo72
We actually have updated our beds and bedding as well as putting granite tub surrounds, bathroom vanities and an additional counter outside the bathroom with a mirror. We are having some issues with defective carpet and are working to get it replaced. I had maintenance take a look at the heater, thank you for making us aware that it was not working properly.
We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a good experience.

Travelers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

Amherst, Virginia
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've stayed here four times in three years, for a total of about ten nights. They've always done a good job for me and for the organization whose meetings I was attending. They are close to downtown and just off the interstate. They have a restaurant, bar and a variety of meeting rooms. I've had only breakfasts in their restaurant, but they were always well cooked and well served by very pleasant and attentive staff. Banquet meals were pretty good too. They renovate continuously. They were re-carpeting during my current visit. A bit inconvenient, but necessary. Hot snacks are free in the bard during happy hour every evening. This trip I arrived early. Though check in was not until 3PM, they found me a room at 12:30. The room includes fridge, microwave, flat screen TV and free (and pretty fast) Wifi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which faces out. In-facing rooms offer only an undistinguished courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Yes we do have a convenient location and we are continually making improvements! We have most recently done the carpet, some new beds and bedding and granite in all of the sleeping rooms. Glad we were able to accomodate the early check in for you and glad to hear you enjoyed the free appetizers that we do in the lounge Mon-Fri 5-7. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon!
Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was a little unsure about staying here after reading some previous reviews, but I had a client visit in the area and this was the hotel he recommended. It actually wasn't that bad. I must have had a newly renovated room because the carpet, bedding and couch looked new. It was pretty clean and I felt very comfortable staying there. There was a microwave and refridgerator and free, wireless internet. I didn't eat at the restaurant so I can't review that. I did enjoy the free coffee. The staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Yes we have made some great renovations to the hotel including; beds, bedding, carpet and furniture. Glad your stay was comfortable and the staff was pleasant. Goes to show on the reviews that you sometimes you can't always believe what you read. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you come stay with us again!