“Much Improved” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Tabor, SD
“Much Improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have taken a bus tour to Bismarck and stayed at this hotel for over 20 years. We've had ups and downs but this was definately an UP year. We worked with Cheryl to book our rooms and she was there to welcome us with a smile, ice cold pop and the correct number of keys.
They have remodeled and everyone enjoyed comfortable beds and pillows.
We ordered a group breakfast plus hot and everyone said the continental breakfast with scrambled eggs and bacon was very good.
There is a nice sized indoor pool and hot tub.
They have a lounge that has card games (21?), a restaurant and meeting rooms.
Did not receive a single negative comment on our evaluations out of 30 bus tour participants.

Room Tip: There are two floors. Most rooms have two queens. There are two suites with living room/dining room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Keri S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
First of all, Thank you for your business. We truly appreciate it. We have made a lot of improvements to the hotel, so glad to hear that everything went so smoothly and you that you had such great comments from all of your group. We look forward to having you come stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fergus Falls, MN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We paid extra for staying with our dog in a pet room. The carpet was filthy. I told the front desk after we checked in and they said they were sorry but to have a good night. When I checked out in the morning I told them again the carpet in the room and hallway were very dirty. The woman at the front desk told me they would be remodeling soon and have new carpet. I won't be back to experience it. My thinking is the extra pet charge is to put some extra effort into cleaning the room. I could shampoo that carpet in less than 20 minutes-

Two exit doors weren't working right (didn't lock).

It was nice to have a restaurant onsite and the food was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on first floor if you don't want to carry luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dOglOver101101
Keri S, Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Glad to hear the breakfast was good, we are fortunate to have the restaurant on site. I apologize about the carpet. We are in the process of putting in new carpet in the hotel and in the sleeping rooms we do have a deep clean process. I will make sure that the room you were in is taken care of. We love that we can allow pets to come in and their owners to enjoy their stay as well.
Maintenance took a look at the doors, they just needed to be reset, thank you for your feedback, we hope that you will come back and try us again.

Travelers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

Twin Cities
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stopped here because we needed somewhere for a night as we were driving through North Dakota enroute to Yellowstone from the Twin Cities. We checked in around 11:00pm and the counter staff was polite and professional. But the housekeeping staff seems to take short cuts, and I wasn't impressed that there are rolling luggage racks but no elevators in this two-level hotel. We had coolers and two suitcases, among some other items that we had to haul up the stairs to our second level room. When we were checking in, we heard another guest tell the counter staff person that there were only sheets and no bedspread on her bed. The staff person acted surprised and said he'd check into it. Then, as we were checking in, I told the staff person I hoped we didn't have the same problem in our room. Well, when we got to our room, we had the same issue - just sheets on the bed and no bedspread. So we informed the staff person of our issue and asked if it's normal that bedspreads are not put on the beds. He stated it was not normal and that he'd make sure the issue was resolved. When we returned to our room after rolling a few more things from our car to the foot of the stairs then lugging everything up to the second floor, we found two folded bedspreads had been put on the counter outside our bathroom. So we basically had to make our own beds. The missing bedspread wasn't a huge issue, but the fact that the staff didn't even care enough to make the beds completely doesn't leave me with a good feeling about this establishment. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was fine - nothing too exciting, but again, not a big deal as we travel with our own food anyway. But the lazy service and the lack of an elevator would definitely stop me from staying at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We do not have an elevator, I apologize that the staff did not offer to assist you with your luggage or that we did not have a main floor room for you.
I apologize about the bedding. We are actually doing triple sheeting on all of our beds with a blanket and a bed scarf. I will check into why that happened and also visit with the housekeeping staff as we do have a system in place to inspect each room prior to the guest checking in to ensure that nothing was missed.
We have a full service restaurant and a hot, fresh, made to order breakfast special for $3.49 for our in house guests.
We hope that you will stop and stay with us again, I appreciate your feedback!
Road Warrior
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Spent one night here passing through town, every single hotel in Bismarck was booked solid with the exception of this Best Western so even though I don't typically stay in BW's I decided to give it a shot given that I really had no other choice. I honestly didn't have very high expectations but in the end I was pleasantly surprised as it's a pretty decent hotel.

This is an older property but I'd say the rooms themselves have been renovated fairly recently. From the outside the hotel looks a little on the shabby side, it's a 2 story, sort of layed out like the old Holiday Inn's that were built back in the 70's. The interior hallway carpeting was really rough looking but the room itself was nice.

I had a double queen room, it was clean and comfortable, one bed was a standard spring mattress and hard as a rock, the other was a plush, soft foam mattress....I liked the fact that you had an option of hard or soft mattress.... don't know if they meant it that way or if it was just a coincidence though.

The room had a microwave and fridge, flat screen LCD tv and was a good overall size. The wireless Internet worked well and had a decent speed.

Given the rules of supply and demand yes I did get price gouged a bit as I paid $116, it could have been worse though given the lack of availability of hotels, however, realistically the hotel was worth probably $75 - $85 tops. I don't feel as though I was completed ripped off though because I did still enjoy my stay.

I give the hotel 3.5 stars total, in my opinion it's a better option then the Select Inn, Days Inn or Comfort Inn in Bismarck, all of which I have stayed at in the past.

I'd definitely return if the price was right but would I pay $116 again...no probably not.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AlCzervik1
Keri S, Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
I am glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised! We are continually making improvements to our property. I am glad to hear that you noticed it in the sleeping rooms. We have put granite in all of our sleeping rooms and we are in the process of putting in new beds in another 53 rooms as well as carpet in the hallways, lobby, meeting spaces and restaurant/lounge. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again! Thank you for your business and your feedback!
Fargo, ND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had an event at the Best Western Doublewood Inn and everyone we worked with was excellent! Thank you to Dan, Elmer, Nora and Kari!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Marie H
Keri S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! I am pleased to here that your event went well. We will recognize the employees that you mentioned! We look forward to having you come and stay with us again soon. We would also love to host your next event!
Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Doublewood Inn for one night. The hotel desk staff were excellent. We were put in a room on the ground floor close to the lobby upon request with no problem due to my handicap. The rib-eye steak in the restaurant ( I think,) came from the sole of somebody's work boot, but on the bright side, the steak and eggs and omelet the next morning were very good. Overall we would stay there again and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: As far as I know, all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OnepeopleOneblood
Keri S, Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I am extremely sorry that your steak for dinner was not good. That is definitley not what we are striving for. I was glad to hear that your breakfast experience was good and that enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you for stating that you would recommend us to anyone. We value your feedback and will use it to make improvements. We would love to have you come back and hope to see you again soon!
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for severtal months for work and, by far, I have never stayed at any hotel throughout this country where I have been treated better or with more personnal professionalism. The hospitality of the staff from the front desk to the houskeepers made me feel as if I were at home amoung family. Thank You all!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keri S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you Alan for your feedback! Our goal is exactly that to make you feel like you are at home at our hotel. We strive to deliver a superior experience to our guest, by sharing with us what you liked about your stay helps us to make that experince for other guests in the future.
It was our pleasure to have you with us and we hope you come back and stay with us again soon!