“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Road Warrior
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Spent one night here passing through town, every single hotel in Bismarck was booked solid with the exception of this Best Western so even though I don't typically stay in BW's I decided to give it a shot given that I really had no other choice. I honestly didn't have very high expectations but in the end I was pleasantly surprised as it's a pretty decent hotel.

This is an older property but I'd say the rooms themselves have been renovated fairly recently. From the outside the hotel looks a little on the shabby side, it's a 2 story, sort of layed out like the old Holiday Inn's that were built back in the 70's. The interior hallway carpeting was really rough looking but the room itself was nice.

I had a double queen room, it was clean and comfortable, one bed was a standard spring mattress and hard as a rock, the other was a plush, soft foam mattress....I liked the fact that you had an option of hard or soft mattress.... don't know if they meant it that way or if it was just a coincidence though.

The room had a microwave and fridge, flat screen LCD tv and was a good overall size. The wireless Internet worked well and had a decent speed.

Given the rules of supply and demand yes I did get price gouged a bit as I paid $116, it could have been worse though given the lack of availability of hotels, however, realistically the hotel was worth probably $75 - $85 tops. I don't feel as though I was completed ripped off though because I did still enjoy my stay.

I give the hotel 3.5 stars total, in my opinion it's a better option then the Select Inn, Days Inn or Comfort Inn in Bismarck, all of which I have stayed at in the past.

I'd definitely return if the price was right but would I pay $116 again...no probably not.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AlCzervik1
Keri S, Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
I am glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised! We are continually making improvements to our property. I am glad to hear that you noticed it in the sleeping rooms. We have put granite in all of our sleeping rooms and we are in the process of putting in new beds in another 53 rooms as well as carpet in the hallways, lobby, meeting spaces and restaurant/lounge. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again! Thank you for your business and your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fargo, ND
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had an event at the Best Western Doublewood Inn and everyone we worked with was excellent! Thank you to Dan, Elmer, Nora and Kari!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Marie H
Keri S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! I am pleased to here that your event went well. We will recognize the employees that you mentioned! We look forward to having you come and stay with us again soon. We would also love to host your next event!
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Doublewood Inn for one night. The hotel desk staff were excellent. We were put in a room on the ground floor close to the lobby upon request with no problem due to my handicap. The rib-eye steak in the restaurant ( I think,) came from the sole of somebody's work boot, but on the bright side, the steak and eggs and omelet the next morning were very good. Overall we would stay there again and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: As far as I know, all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OnepeopleOneblood
Keri S, Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I am extremely sorry that your steak for dinner was not good. That is definitley not what we are striving for. I was glad to hear that your breakfast experience was good and that enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you for stating that you would recommend us to anyone. We value your feedback and will use it to make improvements. We would love to have you come back and hope to see you again soon!
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for severtal months for work and, by far, I have never stayed at any hotel throughout this country where I have been treated better or with more personnal professionalism. The hospitality of the staff from the front desk to the houskeepers made me feel as if I were at home amoung family. Thank You all!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Keri S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you Alan for your feedback! Our goal is exactly that to make you feel like you are at home at our hotel. We strive to deliver a superior experience to our guest, by sharing with us what you liked about your stay helps us to make that experince for other guests in the future.
It was our pleasure to have you with us and we hope you come back and stay with us again soon!
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2012

A perfect atmosphere to meet the needs of anyone! Whether to meet friends, family, business or romantic night away. The atmosphere in the lounge and dining room are tremendously soothing! You wouldn't even need to visit the hot tub after enjoying this experience; however, that option is definitely available as well. We recommend you get there soon and you won't be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We look forward to having you again, hope to see you back soon!
Thank you for your business.
Reviewed February 11, 2012

There for a conference - very clean. Nice place to stay. I like the set up for conferences, too. Staff is very friendly and went out of their way. Would definitely book another conference or go back for leisure.

• Stayed November 2011
Keri S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for your review! So glad to hear that your conference went well and that you are satisfied with our facilities. We value your feedback and look forward to having with us again whether for business or leisure!
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I just wanted to share that I stayed at the Doublewood Inn a couple of weeks ago and they definitely know what customer service is all about ----anything that I needed they helped me with ----they have EXCELLENT food and "kudos" to the CHef ----Keep up the Great Quality Food and Excellent Customer Service. That is what it is all about!!

Room Tip: Any of them ---!!! If you cannot do stairs request 1st floor
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Keri S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! Your satisfaction is very important to us. We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon!