“Average clean hotel”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Avon, Indiana
“Average clean hotel”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nothing special about this hotel. Located right off the interstate. Has a nice little bar/restaurant in the hotel, large pool and rooms. Never had a problem with the staff or the cleanliness of the hotel. Reasonable room rates and convenient location make this a good place to stay while in Bismarck

Room Tip: It seems that this hotel hosts a lot of conferences that come through the area so check out the layo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We got here very late at night, but I'm glad we took an hour in the morning to check out the pool area. It is fabulous! The rooms seemed to be in the process of being updated, but are your standard Best Western rooms. The man at the front desk was very courteous.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank roadtripX7
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I have been working in Bismarck for several days this summer. We have held our work meetings in their banquet rooms. The staff serving the meals and snacks are absolutely delightful. They are so friendly and courteous. Nora is especially friendly and makes our stay fun!

The beds don't have much for blankets, so bring an extra to stay warm.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JLeier
McHenry
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I am on a state curriculum committee and two of the servers who worked with all the noon meals and snacks was simply the best. Nora and her helpers were great.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank superintendentDP
North Dakota
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I have stayed in the this hotel many times for business and for pleasure. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is in an easy off-the-freeway. The Doublewood has its own bar and restarant, and It's location is close to many good restaurants both chain an local. The pool is large for a hotel. Because my last stay was in the middle of the week for business, I was lucky enough to have the pool all to myself for almost 45 minutes.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Regina, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2010

The room smelled like urine and was dusty. The bathtub was dirty and did not drain very well as you would be standing in ankle deep water while showering. There was no breakfast included.
The bed was a king sized and was comfortable. Best part of room.
For $107 CAD a night, very overpriced.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I checked in and promptly checked back out. I was on a long road trip and the only room left was on the second floor. The front desk staff assured me it was a short walk up some stairs to get to the room. I turned out to be what felt like miles, by the time you made your way through corridors, up the stairs, around other corridors and through several sets of doors. For the $125.00 I was quoted, I expected a nice room. It was not. Ancient, worn, dank describes it. The hotel staff would not help me haul all my stuff up to the room and I could not leave it in my vehicle. When I explained to the front desk staff that the room would not work for me because I would be hauling things up the stairs half the night if no one would help me, the woman was rude. When I asked for confirmation that the charge had been cancelled, she chucked a sheet of paper at me. When I asked where on the paper it indicated I would not be charged, she said "read it". when I asked why she could not simply show me, she said "I explained it. I'm sorry if you are hard of hearing". This is not the Best Western experience I have come to know. I beat a hasty retreat for the nearby Kelly Inn, where I had a nice room at half the cost and was treated like a real guest.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo