“Good, Clean, Comfortable and Convenient”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bismarck
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Took the whole family to Bismarck for some cross border shopping. The hotel was very comfortable, had a good convenient location and was very clean. The pool could be a little bigger or have something of interest for the little ones. My 6 year old, who loves being in a pool, chose to go only once and told me it was too boring for him. The breakfast is hot with bacon and scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bagels , toast, cereal, and pancakes. Milks, juices, yogurts and coffee are also available. Saves a lot of money for a whole family that you need to feed...and it tasted great. The staff was very, very friendly and we will return again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the center of the hotel as you will hear the people in the pool. Either end...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night with another couple the first week of April. Very nice hotel with spacious rooms (our room had two queen beds, a living area with couch, table with a couple of chairs, outside sink with microwave and cupboards stocked with plates/cups/utensils, large bathroom), small pool and hot tub, and breakfast area in the morning with hot and cold items. The staff are very friendly and will help with anything you might need. They even had fresh cookies at the check-in desk! Would definitely recommend this place for a good night's stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scooter1970
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A excellent, clean layover spot. Nice pool and whirlpool. Clean, quiet rooms and a convenient location. All you can ask for when on the road. The good tips on meal delivery in the room was very helpful.

Room Tip: The small suites are very roomy and convenient.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HummerBob
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Checked in by surprise as airport delays kept me in town due to storm. Amazingly accommodating front desk manager checked me in early- 10am.

Room and hotel were very updated/modern. Loved everything as far as furnishings.

First room had a heck of a draft coming in through the AC unit. I called the front desk manager and she sent maintenance up to stuff towels around it. After about 30 minutes I couldn't take the draft any more and called the front desk manager again. She apologized and happily moved me to another room on opposite side of the hotel. The wind was 40 miles per hour with gusts to 60 miles per hour, and it was about -2 degrees. The weather really was the factor here, not so much the hotel.

The hotel is very nice, and the staff were amazing!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jodie M
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on Thanksgiving night 2012. Got there late and did some early morning shopping. Got back to hotel at 1 am to go to bed. When taking the blankets back my wife said the bed had a wet spot on it (spot was right where your bottom would be). I felt it with my hand and was grossed out as it was wet, and yellow. Washed my hands many times before calling the front desk. She at first told us to come and get new blankets. We said we were NOT sleeping on that bed. She gave us a new room and apologized.
The problem I have with all of this was no mention or apology from the manager or phone call. I purposely checked out at the front desk the next morning just to see if the issue was passed on but not a word. One week later I received an email to rate our experience. Told the story and at the end of the form it asked if we would like to be contacted. I said YES. December 13th and still no word. I guess if I managed this place I would be calling and apologizing to someone this happen to. Not one word. we are not the kind of people who want something for nothing but a phone call or something from the manager telling us how he is making sure this does not happen to someone else would have been nice. Guess they really don't care if you "go" in their beds and the cleaning people miss it and just cover it up with fresh bedding. DISGUSTING!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank D A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear D A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience the bedding may have caused during your stay. I assure you that this is an isolated case and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and trust that we will address the issue and proper measures will be taken to ensure that there will not be a recurrence.

I trust that the above issues will not deter you from choosing us as your hotel on your next visit to Bismarck, ND.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed one night in November here, had no problems what so ever. Quick check in, and quick check out. Nice new look at the hotel. Normal type breakfast like most american hotels, served in a cozy eating area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was a planned stay on the home leg of a two week trip. It was another enjoyable HIE visit, although it was more expensive than others we visited on our trip. We found no billboards for it on the highway and construction made it a bit challenging to find. It is located in the newer part of Bismarck and there are plenty of close restaurants.

Our check-in was quick and staff was friendly. The room was clean and quiet. No complaints at all. Upon entering the lobby for breakfast, there was a very strong ammonia odor and guests were coughing and chocking. The breakfast room attendant said it was "oven cleaner" and had never happened before. Staff quickly opened windows and the door and the smell quickly went away. That being said, breakfast was great as was the stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple