“Good hotel, good sleep”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Ocala, Florida
“Good hotel, good sleep”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a nice,newer hotel located a convenient distancefrontheinterstate, but far enough away from it so you don't hear it. The room was large, clean and modern. It did not have a refrigerator or microwave like som many hotels now do. Everything worked, the inroomcoffee was decent, and the flat screen TV was large and had a good picture. The breakfast was excellent. The scrambled eggs were real, and they were fresh. They also had waffles, pancakes and their signature,warm cinnamon buns.
I didn't give this hotel five stars for only one reason. I thought it was a bit pricy for the time of year. We paid about $155, with an A
AA discount

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The only complaint was slow internet connection. Lot's of carbs fir free breakfast. Nice people.

• Stayed September 2011
Verona, North Dakota
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Check in was great, made us feel very welcome. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Sure does help being a new hotel.....this was such a nice, clean large room. Large flat screen TV ~ we asked for a quiet room and we got it. We REALLY liked this hotel ~ couldn't have asked for more.

Easy to find off the highway. Cookies at the front desk ~ very nice touch. Friendly and helpful front desk. Would loved to have used the pool, but we were in a hurry to get home, but sure did look nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Fronnie
Regina, SK
Reviewed August 18, 2011

First time staying at this property. Conveniently located close to I94 and restaurants and shopping. The room was very comfortable and well appointed. Exceptionally clean with all of the amenties a family would need. The Express Start breakfast was fantastic with hot items such as eggs, pancakes and sausage as well as numerous cold items including their signature cinnamon buns.

Room Tip: Very clean. Very comfortable
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank aguyand3girls
California
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed two separate times. Both times we were very pleased with the service - starting with the front desk personnel. Very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Our daughter was so pleased when she discovered the biscuits and gravy. The room was comfortable. I had asked for a quiet room. Away from the elevator and not facing the street and they accommodated my request. And the cookies in the afternoon was a very nice surprise.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Becker, MN
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was my second stay at this hotel. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. My only complaint was the rate I was given upon check-in.

Reservations for our July stay were booked at the end of February on the Priority Club website. I documented the confirmation number in my phone, but didn't think I would need to bring a print-out of the reservation to the hotel -- big mistake. At check-in, the rate on the sheet seemed much higher than I remembered. When I brought this to the attention of the staff, they asked what I thought the rate should have been. Having made the reservation 5 months prior to our stay, I could only guess that I thought the rate should have been $40-$55 cheaper. The lady I was dealing with said "that's not possible -- maybe $10 off our rate, but not the rate you are talking about." They then proceeded to check the computer regarding our reservation, but could find no documentation of a lower rate.

Much to my dismay, we ended up paying "their price" and felt a little cheated. When I arrived home that evening, I dug through my file searching for the paperwork from my initial reservation in February. When I found the reservation, the rate printed was $55 cheaper per night than what we were charged. I ended up having to call one of the managers the next day to discuss the discrepancy. I then had to scan a copy of my confirmation sheet and email a copy to the hotel.

I told the manager I would have the email to them by 10 A.M. Saturday. She replied that she was off at noon, but would review my email and get back to me sometime Monday -- which she did. What I am wondering is why refunds weren't processed immediately upon seeing in black and white that we were overcharged???

This is the fifth consecutive year that at least one member from our party has stayed at this hotel and we will probably continue to do so in the future. Next time I will be carrying a confirmation letter showing our rate to the front counter at check-in.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends