“what a wonderful small restaurant chain”

Paradiso Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 182 Restaurants in Bismarck
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: For over 40 years, we have been the hot spot for birthdays and celebrations. Our delicious Mexican cuisine and atmosphere provide a fun dining experience in each of our five locations across North Dakota. Whether your group chooses to dine in Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, Jamestown or Grand Forks, you will receive free chips and salsa and extraordinary specials. Every day of the week has its own special on everything from nachos to fajitas to dessert! When deciding on a Mexican restaurant to celebrate a birthday or relax, choose Paradiso.
Reviewed June 25, 2011

To my knowledge, there are 5 PARADISO restaurants, all in North Dakota. Being originally from Winnipeg, my friends and I always make visiting this restaurant a priority whenever we are in the vicinity. The decor is so, so pretty. You would think that you were in Mexico, not in the plains of the USA. And the food is superb. My favourites are the burritos, my travelling friend usually chooses an enchilada. And we always say that the food at PARADISO is better than most of the food we've eaten on various vacations in Mexico.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Both myself and my husband had chimichangas and they were delicious. Chips and salsa were constantly replenished without having to ask. We ordered a pitcher of margaritas and got about 4 each out of it - great deal for $10. Just wish we had the room to try the deep fried ice cream!

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Terribly disappointing.

The good: Service and decor

The service was great, keeping our chips and salsa at full levels and checking back frequently to see if we needed anything. I refrained from saying "Good food?"
The ambiance is nice - I felt like I could have been in a restaurant in Mexico. Loved the music!

The bad: The food! Over-priced.

This is the first time I've ever had fajitas that had NO spices whatsoever! The grilled (not seared) modest piece of breast of chicken lay on top of a huge bed of grease-soaked onions and was adorned with two slices of raw green pepper laying atop the platter. An absolutely bizarre dish that lacked flavor and appeal.
We ordered a side of taquitos that were overcooked and would have been dry if not for the excessive amount of grease.

I've heard the chimichangas are good but I'm not sure I can bring myself to go back.

1  Thank MeanderingMax
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Wilton, North Dakota
Reviewed December 3, 2007

Chips are free, dinner extra!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
United States
Reviewed November 1, 2007

I have definately had better Mexican food before

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook