Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Staff and conditions great

Caring staff, love of animals apparent. Conditions of zoo well cared for. Staff remained wonderful... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2021
Typemed
Compared to other zoos we’ve visited, we recommend the Dakota Zoo

During my visit, I observed a large company picnic / bouncy games for kids / scavenger hunt / live... read more

Reviewed August 1, 2021
Z9726ZElisad
via mobile

All reviews big cats farm animals petting area bison gift shop all ages in town otters cages exhibits camel playground lynx species paths picnic kid
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Took my 2 small children here, 1&3, they liked it. The playground inside the zoo is great and there are more playgrounds very close to the zoo entrance. The animals were sad, but thats zoos. They enjoyed feeding the goats. Tigers were the best and seemed healthy. Many of the displays were closed or down for various reasons; no butterflies and other through glass types. Lots of yellow jackets around trash cans and more, can't imagine trying to eat lunch there. The gift shop is nice and inexpensive but the options for kid shirts is sad and goofy, the adult designs would have been better than the goofy characters and phrases on the kid ones! I suggest going here first and buying animal masks for photo opportunities.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

My husband and I usually visit the Dakota Zoo at least once every summer. It is a good size and has everything we would want to see. It is so pleasant walking the paths amongst the trees and animal pens. The food is always good and the price is fare.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

Love the variety of animals, size of the zoo, great for all ages and plenty of room to walk and enjoy at ever age and pace.

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed the zoo long before we had kids. Now with boys ages 6 and 2, it is a must do a couple times a summer. The animals are awesome. Our favorites are the bears, tigers ad monkeys. The playground is great and too. You can easily spend 2-4 hours here as a family.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

The Bismarck zoo is fantastic! We recently visited the zoo and it is huge. This zoo spans quite a bit of acreage yet, is fairly easy to navigate even for youngsters. I recommend buying a daily pass and a train pass. Upon entrance to the park go feed the goats, mini horses and pigs. They will eat and eat and eat. Don't pay a quarter for food, rather pull the long, green grass and feed the grass to the goats - they will eat for as long as you want to feed them. Take the train for a 30 minute overview of the entire zoo then go back to the places that you found most interesting during the train ride. Don't miss the large cat exhibit, the grizzly bears and the crocodiles. To relax and get out of the sun go inside the large barn structure and play with interactive exhibits. Plan to spend 3-4 hours at this zoo. Enjoy!