“WOW! We were surprised!!”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #144 of 182 Restaurants in Bismarck
Cuisines: American
Bismarck, North Dakota
“WOW! We were surprised!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This review is for the south Applebee's. We have not been to Applebee's for quite some time. Reason we stopped coming: far too much noise from the bar and loud music blaring out of the speakers. We enjoy having a meal and visiting; but it made it impossible with all the noise and loud music. By mistake we ended up here, and instead of leaving; we decided to give it a try. WOW!! We were surprised. We had great service, great food, ample portions and truly would be hard pressed to find something to complain about. The first thing we noticed was that the noise from the bar was not as bad as we remember. I don't know if they changed anything or what made it less noisy. The music coming from the speakers was considerably quieter than we remember and maybe this allows people to talk quieter, and thus a less noisy restaurant. We took a booth in the far northwest corner of the restaurant, so that could have helped in the noise level. Our waitress was Jess. You'll want to remember that name, because she was absolutely fantastic. I can't say enough how great of a job she did, and how she did everything you would expect/want out of wait staff. She was very pleasing, friendly, efficient, cordial, and you got the sense she truly cared about providing you a great dining experience. I've never done it before, but next time we go; I will asked to be seated in her section if she is working then. We decided to give the 2 for $20 a try. For the two of you, you get an appetizer to share, and one entree each for $20. Our appetizer was the chips with spinach and artichoke dip. It came hot and tasted very good. It also came with some salsa. We held back on eating all the chips (they were good-it's just that there were so many) afraid that we wouldn't be hungry for our main coarse. I chose the blackened chicken penne. It was hot, well cooked (not over or under cooked pasta) and the sauce was very delicious. My spouse ordered the fiesta lime chicken. It was hot, prepared right, and tasted very good. My spouse thought it was heavy on the lime taste, but when I tasted it, I thought that you got an initial blast of lime taste, that mellowed out almost immediately. So to me, it was good but to her liking, it could have been less lime flavor. Others may find the exact same thing depending on your tastes whether or not you like it or not. We hung onto a menu, wanting to browse through it as it has been some time since we have been here. We are anxious to go back and try some of the menu selections that look tempting. Things such as Bourbon Street Chicken & Shrimp, Three Cheese Chicken Penne, Grilled Dijon Chicken & Portobellos, Creamy Parmesan Chicken, and Cabernet Mushroom Sirloin. The last two items I mentioned, and the item I had; were "Weight Watchers" approved items. I didn't think anything sounding so good and tasting so good could actually be good for you!!! I am anxiously waiting for the opportunity to go back to the south Applebee's!!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank TraveLotsnLots

Big Lake, Minnesota
“Oops its Free!!!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012 via mobile

Good food but they don't listen...! Asked for a garden salad for coleslaw???? Typically good food, no real complaints.

“Applebees South Bismarck”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Hostess Staff a joke...kids on their first ever job - no social acumen whatsoever - cookie cutter ho hum food - servers check out immediately after the order is made. Check back to the table once before the dreaded words are said, "do you have everything you need"? Ummmm Sure...for NOW I do...but Check back periodically.

Visited March 2012
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Always get very few fries”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Every time we go to this restaurant we never have a good experience. My husband always orders a burger and every time he gets this tiny amount of fries. Our kids meals came with more fries! He does always ask the waitress to bring more out and they always do at no charge. The last time we went then put a tiny dab of bbq sauce on his bbq burger and my fajita roll up thing was mostly lettuce. I do have to say that the managers and waitresses have been friendly with our requests.

Visited March 2012
Regina
“THEY SHOULD CHANGE NAME TO CRAPPLEBEE'S”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I took my family here for a nice dinner around 8 pm after a big day of shopping. The hostess was more concerned about planning her weekend, speaking to other employees thru her headset than she was in seating us. The table was dirty, the menus had food smeared on them and the waitress was smacking the gum she was chewing while she was taking our order. What the heck happened to Applebee's? When my burger came(I had asked for no pink so I wanted it cooked) it was still cool on the inside. It was barely cooked at all. So sent it back to be cooked some more. When the waitress brought it back she apologized and said that it has been happening all day. Hello!!! Tune in the cook! So I took a bite and it was still not cooked. I don't think I will ever go back to Applebee's again.

• Visited February 2012