“Beer Drinkers Paradise!”
Review of JL Beers

JL Beers
Ranked #7 of 183 Restaurants in Bismarck
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Award Winning Burgers with Fresh-cut Chips & Fries. 40 Beers on tap.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

JL Beers offers a first-class beer sampling experience, with a very good limited food menu that hits the mark on all counts! Friendly, knowledgeable servers. Limited seating, pretty uncomfortable stools even for a bar. But the burgers are well-prepared, the fries and chips house-cut and cooked to perfection, and everything is very well priced - JL understands that beer is the star here and then keeps it quick and simple. One suggestion: the beer menu is so large, it would be great to have "Brewmeister" suggested burger-brew pairings! I didn't so much like the roll of paper towels on the table - a little dive-bar-y for my taste, and JL's is a cut about. I'll agree with other reviewers - bottled water only, for a charge??? - bogus, and JL's only truly wrong note. Service could have been a little sharper - suggest a favorite, recommend an appetizer - but did split a shared burger and side in the kitchen, which was a considerate touch (most places would at best give you an extra plate and a knife, after you asked a second or third time).

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is another one of my favorite places to eat. Not a lot of seating but well worth the wait!! You have to try it out!!!!!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have been here twice now and each time it's been a great experience. The place is small, but the food, beer and service is amazing. Hamburgers are to die for and they have several different beers to choose from. The service is the best I have experienced in town in a long time. You don't have just one waiter, but several. Someone might take your order, but someone else might bring it and so forth. I asked how the tips work and they said they split them. What a great idea!! I gave an extra big tip cause everyone did such a good job. I would recommend this place for anyone that likes a good burger and glass of beer.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Better known as a place to try out a wide selection of beers; JL Beers should also be considered if you want a good burger. Finding the narrow, crowded restaurant/bar to be very noisy, we opted for a table out back on the patio. We found it quiet and relaxing. Although on hotter days it may be a bit uncomfortable, it is a great place to dine on fair weathered days. Quaint, with only about seven tables, we found the patio a great place to dine and the service was exceptional. They boast quite a variety of burgers only, which range in price from $4-$5; with a choice to order your $2.59 fries or $4.19 fresh cut chips with a variety of seasonings. We found the burgers tasty, cooked right, and with exceptionally tasty, soft, obviously homemade buns. We noticed others ordering a set of four small glasses of beers served on a board, in addition to your typical glass of beer. Not beer drinkers ourselves, we opted for a can of soda (no refills); but found the $1.50 price overpriced. We found JL Beers a great place for a variety of fresh, great tasting burgers.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Small, but so worth the wait! Great selection of beers, some local, and the...best...burgers...ANYWHERE! Homemade buns, chips and fries. Their Third Street Burger is my favorite!