New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Regina, SK
“Another fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

This was the second time our family stayed at the Residence Inn. Hotel is great and staff super friendly. We had a 1 bedroom suite which was spacious and lots of room for the 4 of us. We drove to Kirkwood mall and outlets (Kohl's, TJ Maxx) but the drive was short and everything very accessible. Pool was clean and kids enjoyed it. We have no reason to look for any other place to stay in Bismarck and will be definitely back the next time we go cross border shopping!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Michael, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Very beautiful rooms spacious,comfortable,clean the pool area was outstanding they have a laundromat and they also have a great gym enjoyed sitting on the patio and yes outside basketball court. Full-size fridge freezer stove and microwave with dishwasher yes I'll be back outstanding job.I hate to tell how nice it is.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mandan, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I loved this place. The room was decorated beautifully, the bed was cozy and it was nice and quiet. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others and plan to suggest it to the travel department at work. LOVELY experience. :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed at the Bismarck Residence Inn for business and found it to be a great hotel experience. The staff is very friendly, responsive, and seemed to genuinely care about my stay. The room was very large, clean, and nicely decorated. Food was delicious at breakfast and the evening social. There were lots of breakfast choices and dinner was always hot and tasty. The chicken pot pie was one of my FAVORITE meals during my stay!!! I guess it's a matter of taste. I'm glad I didn't ready rag714's review before I booked my stay. I was VERY happy to stay at this hotel. I travel for a living as a consultant and I tell everyone that this is the best hotel EVER and I truly mean it!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank CactusJAN225
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

It has been several years since we stayed in a Residence Inn and must say that we were disappointed in this one. Perhaps the overall quality of the chain has gone down but this was not the Residence Inn experience we remember. The room was OK although the walls are very thin allowing noise from adjoining rooms to intrude, and the lobby was very nicely designed. The meals, however, were disappointing. The scrambled eggs at breakfast were very dry and there was no half and half for coffee, a big negative for us. (I really feel an inn at this price should provide real cream or half and half for coffee, not just non-dairy creamer.) Dinner was "chicken pot pie" which consisted of biscuits over which you could spoon a thin mixture of vegetables and a bit of chicken--not very tasty. Were we to return to Bismarck we would choose somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Bismarck North, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Rag714,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Residence Inn Bismarck North. I'm sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are always striving to impress our guests, and appreciate your feedback so that we can improve our services. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Bismarck.

Michelle S.
Helena, Mt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Staff were very helpful and friendly. We were assigned a handicapped room since the hotel was going to be full; the living area was a little small, but the bedroom with two queens was very large. Breakfast was well-stocked and maintained, although with a full hotel, the seating close to the food was limited and mainly consisted of 2-person tables. The evening reception (chicken soft shell tacos) was well done. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance; the area is very safe. The hotel was full the night we were there and seems to be a place for construction/oil workers to stay. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I arrived for a four night stay to the most helpful and friendly staff I have ever encountered. After a poor night's sleep due to loud neighbors the first night I inquired if they would be checking out that day. When the sales manager found out they were not she raced to my leaving car to let me know that she wanted to move me. Although a bit of "comedy of errors" ensued after that, they came through each and every time to make sure I had the best possible experience. Each day when I got back from my conference a staff member asked me how my day went and genuinely wanted to know about my day. As a gold Marriott member I can tell you I have never had a better experience with the service. The social hour and food was completely wonderful. The families here are having a great time as well as the oil workers. Although I have no reason to come to Bismarck again in the near future I am considering a vacation here just to bring my husband here. Great job Aaron and company!

Room Tip: Since there are only a few doubles here you don't have to worry about sports teams staying. Com...