“Excellent place to stay in Bismarck.”

Residence Inn Bismarck North
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Staff were very helpful and friendly. We were assigned a handicapped room since the hotel was going to be full; the living area was a little small, but the bedroom with two queens was very large. Breakfast was well-stocked and maintained, although with a full hotel, the seating close to the food was limited and mainly consisted of 2-person tables. The evening reception (chicken soft shell tacos) was well done. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance; the area is very safe. The hotel was full the night we were there and seems to be a place for construction/oil workers to stay. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I arrived for a four night stay to the most helpful and friendly staff I have ever encountered. After a poor night's sleep due to loud neighbors the first night I inquired if they would be checking out that day. When the sales manager found out they were not she raced to my leaving car to let me know that she wanted to move me. Although a bit of "comedy of errors" ensued after that, they came through each and every time to make sure I had the best possible experience. Each day when I got back from my conference a staff member asked me how my day went and genuinely wanted to know about my day. As a gold Marriott member I can tell you I have never had a better experience with the service. The social hour and food was completely wonderful. The families here are having a great time as well as the oil workers. Although I have no reason to come to Bismarck again in the near future I am considering a vacation here just to bring my husband here. Great job Aaron and company!

Room Tip: Since there are only a few doubles here you don't have to worry about sports teams staying. Com...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here for an overnight trip as we were driving through the area. The hotel had wonderfully designed/new rooms in the 'new' Residence Inn style with a large desk workstation, swivel flat screen TV, a full-size stainless steel fridge, as well as a large kitchen. The bed was super comfortable, and breakfast was great - as always at an RI. Would definitely stay here again if I were in the area. (There is some construction going on to the building next door - however we heard absolutely no noise from it.)

Room Tip: Room 212 was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stay at many Marriott properties all over the
USA and Canada and this is one of the best. It
may be the best Residence Inn that we've
experienced.

The hotel was 100% full on Wednesday, June 11
yet the staff was fabulous and the dinner and
breakfast food offerings were very generous. It
was a delightful stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I made a reservation thru the Marriott web site. Nowhere on the website did it mention anything about a pet fee. When I got to the hotel I was charged a $100 pet fee. I complained at the time to no avail. When I got home I called the GM at that specific hotel and explained the situation to her. She told me that there is a disclaimer on the website that allows for this type of charge. But nowhere on the website did I see anything about a pet fee. In addition, there was a huge tick swollen up with blood crawling around on the floor. Her rationale for a pet fee was that extra cleaning was required, but obviously, no extra cleaning was being done to rid the room of ticks.
I explained to her that I did not think it was fair to charge a fee without informing a person of the fee at the time of reservation. She did not agree, stating that the pet fee is on the website, WHICH IT IS NOT!!!!
Needless to say, I did not get my money refunded.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Bismarck North, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Anne T,
Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn Bismarck. I'm very sorry for the frustration that this situation has caused you. The pet fee is listed on the Marriott website in multiple locations, including under "room details" and I'm truly sorry if you did not see it. I would be more than happy to show you if you wanted. It is also listed in the confirmation email you received under "amenities". We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you the next time you are in the area.

Michelle S.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We received a free room from a friend, was great to get a free nights stay at such a nice place! Little did we know there pet policy cost over 100$ for one night, our free night stay turned into an expensive one! Our dog weighs 2.6 lbs... Outrageous price for our house trained, kennel sleep worthy, non shedding, non-chewing little bundle of joy ;) I strongly regret not being aware of this extra fee... & not to forget the front desk woman employee's male friends hollering aloud with her in the lobby while I waited for her to be done talking about "what time she gets off work tonight"

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Shelby L
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Bismarck North, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Shelby L,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you were not informed of our pet fee before you booked your room. We understand that your pet is part of your family and that it is important for him to be with you, which is why we are proud to be a pet friendly hotel. But, once your stay is over we must thoroughly clean the room to ensure that there are no allergens left behind for future guests. I'm also sorry that your experience with my front desk staff was less than exceptional. I appreciate your feedback and will address your concerns with them right away. I hope that you will allow the Residence Inn Bismarck North another opportunity to host you the next time you are in the area.

Michelle S.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My mom and I stayed here this past weekend to celebrate my birthday. It was our first time staying here and I was absolutely awesome. The service was FANTASTIC! The room was very spacious, and homey, and the continental breakfast was delicious! I work as a front desk manager at a hotel, and I will definitely recommend this hotel to my guests :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family