“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
philadelphia
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

As a frequent traveler I tend to stay at upscale hotels. Most important to me in a room is the cleanliness, spaciousness and comfort of the bed. The last time I stayed at a Residence inn was in Green Bay and the hotel was very dated and tired. This hotel opened about a month ago and was very clean with a friendly staff. The fitness center was adequate with two treadmills and two elliptical machines. They did have some free weights, the typical up to 50 lbs. also available onsite was a laundry facility. I have also noticed a change with Marriott hotels to include an area outside with a firepit. I think it adds a nice touch and provides a welcome visual appeal. Would very much recommend this hotel to anyone in need of a good nights rest.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank creece007
BismarckRI_GM, Manager at Residence Inn Bismarck North, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear creece007

Thank you so much for your review of the Residence Inn Bismarck! I am happy to hear your were plesently surprised at our product and service. We strive to create a great stay for all of our guests every time. Again thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our baby just last week. This was the first time we traveled with baby, and did an extensive search for Bismarck hotels that had a separate bedroom for naptimes and nighttime.

We initially settled on the Country Inn and Suites, which is just up the street. After a terrible night at that facility (complete with filthy disgusting port-a-crib), we found ourselves looking longingly out the window at this brand new facility. We popped over for a visit, and immediately changed our reservations. The staff was incredibly accommodating with check-in and check-out times. Yes, they're new and figuring it out, but the default answer was "yes" to each request. The rooms are gorgeous and perfect for staying with little kids, complete with a full kitchen. The pool and hot tub area were fairly standard, but well-maintained. Same with the complimentary breakfast: standard hotel fare, but well-stocked and fresh.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Pre-baby, my husband and I traveled quite a bit and loved checking out new hotels; this is definitely high on the list in terms of overall quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank M1Jones
BismarckRI_GM, Manager at Residence Inn Bismarck North, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear M1Jones:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the kind words regarding our hotel, our staff, and the level of service you received while staying at the Residence Inn Bismarck. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and hope to see you again soon!
South Dakota
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed here on business about one week after they opened. Check-in took a few minutes while the front desk figured out the process. It seemed to be time for a shift change and I am Platinum Marriott and I had asked for an upgrade. They were very accommodating and friendly as was every staff member that I encountered. No mention was made of what the upgrade was, so when I opened the room I was surprised to see a 2-bedroom suite. I had hoped for maybe a Jacuzzi after driving all day and as I was traveling alone the second bedroom wasn't much of a plus. But I guess it was an upgrade!! The bed was great, the HD TV's were amazing but between the two bathrooms, I could only find 1 hand towel and 1 bath towel. The icemaker in the fridge wasn't working while set to make ice. The magnetic "Do Not Disturb" signs wouldn't stick to the door??
Breakfast was good enough with the new staff scrambling to refill items. A manager/corporate type person was circulating in the dining area and sounding out guests on any shortcomings of their stay. Good client relations! The food area for breakfast was a small room with two doorways for guest access. I seemed claustrophobic with a just a few people so I would think that at peak times it could be a total bottleneck. It struck me as an dysfunctional design although I suppose the room could be physically opened and closed at the appropriate times.
All in all a good showing for their 8th day in business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
BismarckRI_GM, Manager at Residence Inn Bismarck North, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear CVS Guy:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review. I appreciate your understanding with some of our operations shortcomings during our first days of being open. We are getting better every day and hope you will stay with us again on your return travels fo Bismarck.