“Fabulous for an extended stay property”

Staybridge Suites Bismarck
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Staybridge Suites. The hotel was new and nice and they had a lot to do.

Front Desk - Great team and management. The staff was great and were pleasant.

Room and housekeeping - the room was great and spacious and cozy. The staff did a great job cleaning the room.

Breakfast - it was about the same as the HI express but they had the little night recpetion which is cool.

Overall a great stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Sean B, Guest Services at Staybridge Suites Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thankyou so much for staying with us along with taking the time to review our property. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Come stay again, soon!

Shannon

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here for only one night while on a 6-State Road Trip and it was one of the top hotels of the trip. It is a very new property and we had a two bedroom suite that was spacious, very well appointed and excellent value for money. One bedroom had a King size bed with a huge shower and the other bedroom had two large Queen size beds with a full bathroom. Between the two bedrooms was a large living room and kitchenette. The hotel has a decent fitness room and indoor pool and is within walking distance of some chain restaurants and shops though it is a few miles from downtown Bismarck. The breakfast was really excellent with a very wide choice of hot and cold dishes including bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and potatoes. The staff were very friendly and helpful and provided free iced orange water in the lobby. A free laundry is also provided, which is an excellent bonus when on the road for a couple of weeks. In addition, there is a free manager’s reception on weekday evenings including a buffet. I would definitely stay here in the Bismarck area again and cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sean B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

This is the kind of awesome review that keeps everyone on the hotel staff working hard and going the extra mile. We are very excited with your high level of satisfation experienced at our Staybridge Suites in Bismarck. Hopefully we can build on this review and use it as a benchmarck for the way we would like all reviews to look. Thanks for everything!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've been traveling back and forth to North Dakota a lot recently for work. Out of all the places I have stayed this is the cleanest, best run, and friendliest property I have been to. The rooms are great, the fitness room actually has some free weights, and the breakfast is consistently good and nutritionally sound.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We greatly appreciate our guests and what they have to say matters to us. What's exciting is that you mentioned some of the particulars that we focus on most in order to maintain positive guest experiences. So it is nice to see it in writing that our efforts are noticed. Ultimately, we must thank you for choosing to stay at our property, for this is the only way you would have been subjected to the great experience as expressed by your review. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Swimming pool could be a little bigger. I was happy with the room. I would stay again. Staff was very helpful. Enjoyed the night social and the breakfast was nice. The food was good. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Bismarck Staybridge Suites. We greatly appreciate all feedback, but we are especially greatful and proud of reviews such as yours that tell us when we have in fact succeeded in providing a positively unique experience to our guests. We thank you for taking the time to bragg about our property and hope to see you again soon. Take care.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and have no complaints - everything was perfect. The room was very big and comfortable. The bathroom sink was separate from the shower/toilet which was nice. The breakfast...oh, my goodness! So many choices and all good. The hotel is in a residential area so it was nice and quiet but still close to everything you would ever want/need.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bountiful-IA

We would just like to take the time to thank you for staying with us as well as for offering such kind words in regards to our Staybridge Suites in Bismarck, North Dakota. We look forward to having you as our guest again and plan to maintain your high regards of our property. Until next time, take care.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

First off I would like to say the hotel itself is brand new and quite lovely, so if you are looking for nice accommodations you may be pleased. The hotel is quite clean and well taken care of. The outside courtyard is gorgeous and we greatly enjoyed the outdoor fire pit. If you don't look very far past what you see initially you may be happy. However, I would have to say the staff at this establishment leave something to be desired. Don't expect any outgoing friendly front desk staff, the staff are there to do a job and that's it and that doesn't include smiles. Perhaps some customer service training could be in order. The check-in was quick and easy, the room was immaculate and well stocked. It was in the evening when we went to turn down the bed we found an unpleasant black stain on the sheet. I have no idea how housekeeping could have missed that and should have never made the bed with those sheets. You would not have been able to miss seeing it, well unless you were blind. The sheets may have been washed and the stain just didn't come out but it made me uncomfortable with all of the bedding. As it was late we just re-made the bed without that sheet. However the next morning I called to the front desk to explain the situation and have the offending sheet removed and asked for the whole bed to be remade with fresh sheets. This was not done, so when I called again I was informed that they could provide new sheets but that they wouldn't re-make the bed. Something to note, this hotel is more of a long-term stay hotel, so you will not receive any cleaning of your room unless you are staying a week. This actually doesn't bother me too much, however, seeing as the bed wasn't made properly on our check-in I would have expected it to be made properly with fresh bedding.

As I mentioned previously the staff left something to be desired, my father went to the front desk to ask if they might have had matches. After standing at the front desk while the two staff members chatted waiting to finish their conversation they finally tore themselves away to allow him to ask his question. They promptly gave him a no and sent him on his way, they didn't have matches however he noticed on inspection of the Pantry that they did have lighters for sale. Perhaps it could have been helpful for them to suggest this option, however, they were just so unconcerned with quality of customer service it just didn't occur to them.

Finally although check-out was relatively painless we found out that although we had booked all the rooms together and two rooms were identical, one room was charged more. After asking to speak to the Manager the only answer she had was that there was nothing she could do as they must have been booked at different times and perhaps a sale was on at the time. We travel to Bismarck once a year on a family vacation and always book ALL the rooms at the same time to ensure we all are at the same hotel. This response is typical of this hotel and really if the Manager of the hotel has no idea of what customer service is then it's understandable that the rest of the staff won't either.

Although the hotel is visually pleasing, I would prefer to stay at a hotel that feels more welcoming. Thanks for listening and Happy Travels!!!!!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms facing into the courtyard would be nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Girlnextdoor00712
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Selena B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We're so glad you liked the fine setting of our hotel facility. We would like to apologize for the experience you had with the service you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We also apologize for any inconvenience you had with your bed that was less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here one night as Staybridge Suites is our favorite hotel chain. We travel with our small dog. I am a Holiday Inn Priority Club member and made the reservation on the Club's website. I mentioned our dog and when we arrived after traveling 500+ miles that day and upon arrival I found they charge $75 for the dog/night which which was over half again as much as the room cost. ( I was later charged $60 dollars for our dog for a 5 night stay in Great Falls which I condidered reasonable). I should have checked on the charge for the dog ahead of time so it was my fault. Still this was a steep charge and I was too tired to go looking for another place. I then asked if I could get upgreaded from a queen size bed to a king size bed and that would have been another 60 dollars. The check in staff were not real warm and friendly and seemed to care less about my concerns. While the room was nice and the breakfast was good I felt the price was way, way too high and will never stay here when we come thru the area next summer. Becarefull of the high motel prices if you travel to North Dakota. Rooms are scarce and expensive because of the oil boom. I'll travel to Montana next year thru South Dakota where prices are more reasonable.

Room Tip: When traveling to North Dakota beware of the oil boom and the resulting oil boom price inflation.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BunchieVRQ
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear BunchieVRQ,

Thank you being an IHG Rewards Club member and for writing us a review. We appreciate all feedback we receive and use it to help develop the product and the service we offer.

I am disappointed to read that we left you with a less than memorable experience. Regarding our rates, we make sure that we remain competitive with other hotels in the area and I am truly sorry if you found our rates to be expensive.

All our team members pay special attention to our loyal members and can only offer you my sincere apologies for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M