“Newly remodeled, poor conditions” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Bismarck
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2433 State St, I-94 at Exit 159, Bismarck, ND 58501   |
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Newly remodeled, poor conditions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The newly remodeled rooms are very nice. However, I felt very unsafe staying here. The deadbolt to my door would not latch. There were people standing around in the dark around corners who were smoking, drinking, and yelling late into the night. I had to check on my vehicle various times to make sure everything was okay. The towel left on the bathtub was dirty. There was black fuzz in the sheets when I pulled back the blankets. There was also some hair in the shower. Normally, this is what I would expect for the typical low Motel 6 price. However, I paid a higher price than I ever had in the past and I stay and this branch often while traveling across the country. I could have stayed at a much nicer and secure hotel for 15 dollars more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Bismarck, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear shannon k,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and maintenance conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was the absolute cutest room I have ever had to stay in!! I loved the bright colors and the hardwood floors. Will always stay there everytime I have to go to bismarck!! And you can't beat the price. Was only $39.95 for my daughter and I, granted they were under construction at the time. Thank you for the kind service, and the great experience.

• Stayed January 2013
waukesha wi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Sure it is cheap, and the accommodations reflect that, I just wanted a place to shower and sleep. Fine .. But the drug dealing going on by the staff had me on edge, I'm no angel.. I know this kind activity when I see it. People with no rooms hanging out in parking lot until all hours waiting for drugs. Had to hide my concern from my family to protect them from fear.. it is worth the extra 20 or 30 or 50 dollars to stay in a place where you have peace of mind..

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Bismarck, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
mattoman01 - We apologize for your unpleasant stay. We take your feedback very seriously; please report your experience to our guest relations department so they can inform the appropriate department to investigate your claims and improve service for you in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travelers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

buffalo mn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

A family of six wtih a puppy actually living in the room next door to us greeted us upon our arrival and told us not to complain about their three kids making noise like the previous occupant in our room had. Smoke was actually billowing out from underneath the adjoining door into ours. I spoke to management about it and she offered me febreeze for my room rather than actually enforcing their own no smoking policy. When she finally did come out with the febreeze she pointed at me and told the resident smoker that I was complaining about their cigarette smoke. Every other hotel in Bismarck was full or we would have left - refund or not. Inept management, sketchy clientele. Thankfully our family trip improved significantly upon leaving this crap hole.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Rooms are supposed to be smoke free. Our room was smoky and blanket had cigarette burns in it. Room smelled bad (dirty and smoky). Floors obviously hadn't been washed for some time. Fridge was dirty. Could only walk on one side of bed which is not ideal when 2 people are using the bed. When concerns were
reported to the front desk right after check in and again at checkout, staff
didn't really care. Would definitely recommend avoiding this motel.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Bismarck, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear tmc66 - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the odor, cleanliness and service issues you encountered during your recent stay; these issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The room was tiny and barely fit two beds. It looked newly remodeled, yet the bed spread on one bed had a stain on it, which made me not want to touch it! I make an assumption that every room today should be equipped with Kleenex and a hair dryer. This had neither. There was a bar of soap but no shampoo. Additionally, the toilet paper was almost out when we arrived, and there was no other roll in the room. We had to call the front desk and wait for toilet paper to arrive. Shouldn't the daily maids be aware of restocking supplies??? The night manager, who was trying to do his best to help everyone who arrived around 10 p.m., brought a new supply to our room; he had no other help there to assist him.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Bismarck, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Sg-on-vacation - We apologize for the lack of housekeeping service you encountered during your stay. Regarding amenities, as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value and comfort for the lowest price of any national chain. We take your feedback seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us. Please also consider calling our guest relations department to report your experience and help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Pros:
Nice staff, she was able to handle a slightly inebriated Guest who was not happy. close to a couple of places to eat. Pricing Was not bad.
Cons:
Rooms were ok but could use a good cleaning. Clientele was not the best, we worried about our bikes for the 1st time on this trip. had to pay for the wifi, had to keep entering the password.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars