“Avoid at all costs!”
Review of Motel 6 Bismarck

Motel 6 Bismarck
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed August 13, 2013

A family of six wtih a puppy actually living in the room next door to us greeted us upon our arrival and told us not to complain about their three kids making noise like the previous occupant in our room had. Smoke was actually billowing out from underneath the adjoining door into ours. I spoke to management about it and she offered me febreeze for my room rather than actually enforcing their own no smoking policy. When she finally did come out with the febreeze she pointed at me and told the resident smoker that I was complaining about their cigarette smoke. Every other hotel in Bismarck was full or we would have left - refund or not. Inept management, sketchy clientele. Thankfully our family trip improved significantly upon leaving this crap hole.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Rooms are supposed to be smoke free. Our room was smoky and blanket had cigarette burns in it. Room smelled bad (dirty and smoky). Floors obviously hadn't been washed for some time. Fridge was dirty. Could only walk on one side of bed which is not ideal when 2 people are using the bed. When concerns were
reported to the front desk right after check in and again at checkout, staff
didn't really care. Would definitely recommend avoiding this motel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear tmc66 - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the odor, cleanliness and service issues you encountered during your recent stay; these issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The room was tiny and barely fit two beds. It looked newly remodeled, yet the bed spread on one bed had a stain on it, which made me not want to touch it! I make an assumption that every room today should be equipped with Kleenex and a hair dryer. This had neither. There was a bar of soap but no shampoo. Additionally, the toilet paper was almost out when we arrived, and there was no other roll in the room. We had to call the front desk and wait for toilet paper to arrive. Shouldn't the daily maids be aware of restocking supplies??? The night manager, who was trying to do his best to help everyone who arrived around 10 p.m., brought a new supply to our room; he had no other help there to assist him.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Sg-on-vacation - We apologize for the lack of housekeeping service you encountered during your stay. Regarding amenities, as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value and comfort for the lowest price of any national chain. We take your feedback seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us. Please also consider calling our guest relations department to report your experience and help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Pros:
Nice staff, she was able to handle a slightly inebriated Guest who was not happy. close to a couple of places to eat. Pricing Was not bad.
Cons:
Rooms were ok but could use a good cleaning. Clientele was not the best, we worried about our bikes for the 1st time on this trip. had to pay for the wifi, had to keep entering the password.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The motel was OK! I left with a better impression then when I arrived. The outside noise did subside. At first I was impressed with the wood floor thinking it would be cleaner, but I still had to mop the residue up. Apparently the upstairs is also wood as the footsteps could be clearly heard. In spite of all that I did have a very good night sleep. Josh at the front desk was very personable, extremely accommodating, and very apologetic that my room was not quite done when I arrived, which was not a bid deal.The room was basic but provided all the necessities. Finding a Cat friendly room at a reasonable price in Bismarck can be a challenge. The price was not a lot but, but I've gotten more for my money. Still, I would not rule out staying there again now that I know what to expect

Room Tip: Perhaps a room upstairs and away from the I 94 ramp.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2013

(Traveling with someone, not my choice but theirs)

Old style building, new style rooms.

Basic small Motel 6 room with a bed shoved against each wall and <> two feet between the beds.

But it fills my basic’s of hot water, clean room and quiet … quiet was the issue. It wasn’t the heater, that kicked on and off with almost no sound … but why does a motel that sells ‘sleep,’ have their trash picked up at 5 AM when people are still sleeping (or trying too)? Wouldn’t sometime AFTER check-out be a better time? Beep … beep … beep.

The room was ‘pre-heated,’ something rare in low and mid-ranged motels.

Room Tip: HINT: this motel has two buildings, get a room in the middle / facing the other building and you sho...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Adrienne J, General Manager at Motel 6 Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Hello Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am sorry to hear your sleep was disturbed so early in the morning. Your feedback will assist in rectifying these types of issues. I do hope you enjoyed other aspects of your stay, and that we can welcome you back to Motel 6 on your future trips to Bismarck.

Kind Regards,
Adrienne James

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Because it's in the middle of nowhere, Bismarck will have hotels that a) are near 100% occupied and b) quite expensive compared to other cities in the US. I first tried Comfort Inn - full. I looked at a few other places - near full or well over $100 for 1 person. This Motel 6, relative to everything else, seemed like a deal. It's right off the highway, and while reading other reviews for this Motel 6, I can say I didn't have any of the problems mentioned there. It was relatively quiet, the room was clean (compared to other Motel 6 hotels I have stayed in) and did the job. I stayed in room 104, was able to park my car right in front of the door, and thankfully it was peaceful.

A few things - the door between rooms is paper thin, so I did hear some noise from room 103, but not too bad. The window is not near soundproof, so anything going on in the parking lot or near your room outside will be heard in the room. The internet, which you need to pay $2.99 extra for, is horribly slow. Charging extra for it feels criminal to me, but I guess they can get away with it. The hotel is right next to a gas station, very convenient, and the I-94 entrance is a stone's throw away.

The room was clean an recently renovated with a 32" lcd. Channels are very limited, but no worries for me. The bed was comfortable enough, and the AC/heating unit has been updated.

Just a final suggestion - the mall very near the Motel has a chinese buffet called "chinatown" tht has a killer all-you-can-eat meal for about $7/person, tax incl. To find it, for orientation, as you are standing in the check in "lobby" (for lack of a better word), the check in desk being 12:00, look over your right shoulder to the 8:00 position, and if your eyesight is good you will see the yello words "chinatown". Easier to see at night with the (small) sign lit up. You could walk there if you are able to get across the intersection at a sprint - otherwise, just drive the 2 minutes.

If you stay here, tell the check-in person you want the quietest room possible - even if you don't get it, at least you can say you tried. One thing I can say - if you are going from west to east, the next real chance for a hotel selection is Fargo - 200 miles away, and east to west will be Billings, 350+ miles away (unless you want to pay $250+ for a basic room), so seriously consider Bismarck if you are getting drowsy - North Dakota is a pretty lonely state.

Room Tip: just ask for the quietest room they have - based on the other reviews, this is going to be hit-or-mi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo