“"Simply simple"”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here on a leg of a mission trip at the Standing Rock Indian Reservation in ND/SD. This hotel is simple and it gets the job done. It seemed a little pricy, but after a long day of travel and 3 planes, we were ready to collapse. I do not see this as a hotel at which people would choose to stay on a family vacation, but for a quick stay, it was a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights over a long weekend and were very surprised at how clean and quiet everything was. We thought it would be low-class since it was so cheap but that was certainly not the case. The room, although dated, was very clean. The continental breakfast consisted of toaster pancakes, waffles, bread, bagels, egg and sausage patties. The only negative thing was that it ended at 9:30, so by the time we would get down there at around 9, it was pretty picked over. Overall it was a great stay, and we are definitely going to stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel F
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had to stay her from priceline because of Room availablity in town and the room is VERY tiny for the Price, WAY< WAY over priced! Bed was Hard, Typical low budget hotel and I would recommend looking into staying at a place alittle nicer place. Many hotels in town. JUST BOOK EARLY!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Brent S
Reviewed July 11, 2012

As soon as I checked in I pulled the sheets back to check the bed. There was hair under a pillow and in several spots on the sheets. There was also a piece of skin or something dried on the sheet. I immediately went to the front desk to inform them. There were two people watching tv and eating pizza at the front desk. There were no other customers in the entry. The man stood up and told me he would tell the morning head housekeeper. I told him i would like clean sheets to sleep on. He went to the closet and handed me clean sheets. No offer to change the sheets or to take care of the problem. It was a quiet room, but I didn't sleep well knowing there was dirt under my clean sheet. The breakfast was fine but with the dirty bed and unhelpful staff I could not rate this hotel any higher. I also thought there was a swimming pool but there wasn't.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Busytravel_77
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Surprisingly comfortable and clean for a cheap hotel. No weird smells. It seemed to be mostly senior citizens and business travelers there, so it was quiet and I felt safe. The continental breakfast and free internet was a bonus. Best of all, the place was very affordable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Abbasmurf
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel has no frills, but it gets the job done. We came in very late and all we needed was a clean, quiet room to get some sleep. This hotel provided that. It was very clean, the linens and bed were comfortable, and we could not hear any noise from adjoining rooms or hallways. The staff was very friendly and they work hard to provide a good value. It was priced very reasonably, actually cheaper than many other hotels that looked more run down. The breakfast was pretty good too. So if you need a good place to sleep but don't need a pool or big exercise room, etc, then this is a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank livetofly
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stopped at this location after having seen their sign that advertised "economy rates" along the freeway. When I arrived, the motel was almost full, so my rates were not as economical as I had hoped. Other than that, the room was spacious, clean and quiet. Amenities included 1 king bed, iron and board, microwave, frig, hair dryer, one extra chair, no eating table, and a good breakfast off the lobby. The sink in the room I had was outside of the bathroom, which is nice when you're traveling with a partner/family. Breakfast included eggs cooked in the shake of pancakes, sausage patties and an assortment of sweet rolls/muffins/bread/cereals/juices. Other than paying a little more than I had hoped for, I would recommend this place, if you are in the Bismarck area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo