“good time”

Ranked #17 of 179 Restaurants in Bismarck
Dining options: Reservations
Description: As the first Japanese steakhouse to open in North Dakota, Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar introduced not only traditional Japanese food, such as sushi and tempura, but also an ancient style of Japanese cuisine, Teppanyaki, aimed at bringing the Japanese eating experience closer to Bismarck's heart. Kobe's is known by locals and visitors alike as the hip place to dine in, not only because of the food, but also because of the comfortable atmosphere and personable staff. Our guests share tables surrounding a large hot plate, where theatrical Japanese chefs whirl, twirl, juggle, flip and flame raw ingredients into delectable meals. We don't just serve the best quality of food here, we serve the heart of Japanese hospitality. Our chefs are professional and interactive, making sure that your experience is always our top priority. Whether you're joining us for lunch with co-workers, dinner with the family or a special bachelorette party, there's something here for everyone to enjoy. Come experience a fun atmosphere with amazing food at Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar!
“good time”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Ate at the grill during a business meeting. Very funny cook. Enjoyed the night. Seafood was really good for being in Bismarck.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Drew C
management915, General Manager at Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience in our restaurant Kobe's.

We are delighted to read that you had a good time ate at one of our of hibachi tables during your business meeting and the cook is funny and seafood is really good

Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Would tell everyone to go and try it.The staff was great. Staff was friendly and attentive. We sat on the hibachi grill side and the food was good .

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Marnie S
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your experience at Kobe's.
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best dining experience with us and it is a great honor to read that you "would tell everyone to go and try it and the staff was friendly and attentive and the food is good"

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon

Roseville, California
“Much Improved!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I first visited this restaurant when it opened in 2011. At that time, the service was so slow that I thought I'd never return. I'm glad I gave the place another try! I really enjoyed the food, and the service was great! Kobe draws a large, exuberant crowd and is worth a visit when you're in Bismarck!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Anne G
management915, General Manager at Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad to read that our service much improved since your last visit and it was great! It is always a nice thing to hear a feedback from our guest and your returned visit to us is a celebration for our teams.

Your comment is very important to us and I will make sure to share it with our teams. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sincerely

“Excellent Fun & Food”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have been to Kobes many a times and every time is always a wonderful experience. I have sat both on the booth side and hibachi grill side and the food is good either way.
Staff is always friendly and attentive. Have never had a bad customer service experience.
The only negative thing I would have to remark about is when I ordered scallops on the hibachi grill they were very overcooked and rubbery which just made be sad because I had had scallops previously and they were cooked to perfection.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank amd2014
management915, General Manager at Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit at Kobe's. I am glad to read that every time you come to Kobe's is always a wonderful experience, never had a bad customer service experience and the staff is always friendly and attentive.

However I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you felt the hibachi scallops were overcooked and rubbery.Your comments are very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.

Furthermore, I would like to talk about your experience further and remain at your entire disposal should you wish to contact me.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Kobe's!

915 W Interstate Ave
Bismarck, ND 58503
Direct: 701 595-4507
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sushi heaven”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I tried over 8 different kinds of sushi at once and they were all amazing and fresh! The service was fantastic and the place was very clean. This is definitely a favorite place of mine.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tara S
management915, General Manager at Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your patronage. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit on March 29th 2014 and tried 8 different rolls and they're all amazing and fresh.
Furthermore, it is a great honor to read that for you, the place is very clean and the service is fantastic.

Your comments is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sincerely