“Beer Break”

Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar
Ranked #19 of 180 Restaurants in Bismarck
Dining options: Reservations
Description: As the first Japanese steakhouse to open in North Dakota, Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar introduced not only traditional Japanese food, such as sushi and tempura, but also an ancient style of Japanese cuisine, Teppanyaki, aimed at bringing the Japanese eating experience closer to Bismarck's heart. Kobe's is known by locals and visitors alike as the hip place to dine in, not only because of the food, but also because of the comfortable atmosphere and personable staff. Our guests share tables surrounding a large hot plate, where theatrical Japanese chefs whirl, twirl, juggle, flip and flame raw ingredients into delectable meals. We don't just serve the best quality of food here, we serve the heart of Japanese hospitality. Our chefs are professional and interactive, making sure that your experience is always our top priority. Whether you're joining us for lunch with co-workers, dinner with the family or a special bachelorette party, there's something here for everyone to enjoy. Come experience a fun atmosphere with amazing food at Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar!
Glendive, Montana
“Beer Break”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife went shopping in the mall area and I stopped in here for an afternoon beer. The bartender was nice and the beer cold.

• Visited May 2013
management915, Owner at Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar, responded to this review, November 6, 2015
Even though this is from awhile back, I'm glad you stopped in for a cold one -- cheers! I hope you've been back since to try our food too.

Best,
Kiky - General Manager

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good but not great”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Decent sushi for Bismarck.. I could easily compare it to good grocery store sushi. Luckily for them its the only sushi in Bismarck. They really know how to nickel and dime here. The value just isn't there for the quality.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ANPbozeman
McMinnville, Oregon, United States
“Nothing exciting”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is your average sushi place, and the prices really are too high for what you get-as one reviewer already mentioned. Furthermore, when the waiter brought the drinks to the table, he spilled all the sodas and completely drenched me and my dress. Luckily, I picked up my phone before it got wet, too. I am a naturally klutzy person, so I didn't blame him at all, and I know from experience how easily that happens. We didn't ask about any drinks being taken off from our bill, but when we got the check, they even charged us for the drinks spilled on us. Later, we complained about this and got it fixed but the fact that it wasn't taken care of from the beginning was a little frustrating, especially when a manager was present and did notice the whole thing.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Lots2See5
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Love the specialty sushi”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Their sushi is amazing!!! This is the only location in town where you can get good sushi. The atmosphere is great and relaxing and you get what you pay for.

Visited February 2013
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Try to make it there at least once a week. My entire family loves the food. Service is usually pretty good. We have never had a bad meal. Great sushi!