“An excellent course”
Review of Hawktree Golf Club

Hawktree Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: This 7000+ yard, par 72 links-style golf course features many elevation changes, rough prairie grass, and water and black sand bunkers.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We played this course during a cross country trip. We had just played Pumpkin Ridge in Portland, Oregon and Coeur d'Alane Resort in Coeur d'Alane, Idaho. The experience at Hawktree was just as good and quite a bit cheaper! The staff was friendly and took care to see that we were taken care off. The course offered an outstanding layout and was in great shape. It was my first experience with black sand in bunkers! I highly recommend a round here to anyone passing through Bismarck.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Love the sand traps, I think I visited most of them:)

1  Thank Jodi L
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Played this course a couple of years ago, staff in the pro shop was terrible one was the managers son. I had booked to play 18 holes and reconfirmed my tee time a couple of days ahead and when I got there they had started aerating the front nine, but hadn't told me when I had booked, and when I said I would have played somewhere else, they told me that I should consider myself lucky to be playing one of the top rated courses in nation for $26.00 for nine holes. Won't ever go back

1  Thank shilotracker
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I played this course on a Monday after a tornado warning and a torrential rain. I didn't know what to expect after the rains, being as part of the highway up was closed due to water.
On the first hole there was a bit of standing water but that was the only spot on the course with any issues. I loved the black bunkers; it gives you a different feel. Windmills give the views a nice farm touch.
Hawktree has some of the nicest par 3's I've played, plus the clubhouse is one of the nicest I have been in.
They do have a lack of restrooms on the course. I think there were only two, one on each side, which can cause problems.
I look forward to playing this course next summer when I am back visiting.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

We travelled to play this course thinking it would be great to play, it was ok but the price was huge and then they charge you for the carts on top of that.
you could not walk this course in the summer as you are in a desert like area where it is very hot and very hilly.
we thought the course was playable and well maintained, but did some fairway cutting .
the clubhouse was huge and beautiful but no one there.
There were very few people golfing the course and you could not find too many bathrooms around the course.
I don't think I would play this course again or recommend it very highly to my fellow golfers.

Been to Hawktree Golf Club? Share your experiences!