“Good Food and Service!”
Review of The Toasted Frog

The Toasted Frog
Ranked #12 of 182 Restaurants in Bismarck
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Toasted Frog is a fun, inviting, restaurant and lounge located in the heart of downtown Bismarck. With a polished casual atmosphere and a diverse menu, The Toasted Frog has a little bit of something for everyone. Extensive martini, wine, and beer lists, along with a large selection of spirits from around the world, The Frog is a great place to meet friends for drinks. Our dinner menu is varied, serving appetizers, soup and salads, lavosh, wood-fired pizzas, sandwiches, as well as entrees. We have nightly changing specials, including fresh fish flown in each week from Honolulu, Hawaii. Whether it's a pound of wings and a couple of beers, or a nice steak and a bottle of wine, The Toasted Frog can accommodate you.YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE TO DINE AT THE TOASTED FROG. We take reservations for groups of 8 or larger, otherwise seating is on a first come, first served basis. Open Monday through Saturday at 4 p.m., closed Sundays. See you soon at The Frog!
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had dinner memorial day weekend at The Toasted Frog and the food was delicious! This is not a high end restaurant but has a great atmosphere. I had the fish tacos and my wife had an open face prime rib sandwich. The fish tacos were good but were served with flour tortillas when corn is the way to go with fish tacos. Still, very good. The prime rib sandwich was roast beef sliced thin and served with grilled peppers and onions with melted cheese. We also had the deep fried pickles which were excellent. The place was busy and we did have to wait for a table, about 25 minutes. Would recommend this establishment if you are looking for a middle of the road restaurant for drinks and comfort food.

There are newer reviews for The Toasted Frog

Reviewed May 26, 2013

You gotta be kidding. I just had dinner here tonight. This is just a glorified bar. I would rate Burger King higher than this tavern. After being seated at my high top table, I was handed a wine list with perhaps 10 very mediocre wines. So the I ordered the New York strip with garlic potatoes and vegetable 'medley'.... Steak was actually very good, but the potatoes were just raw chunks! Yuck! With sliced zucchini on the side. Really? Slop! Waiter and service were just fine, but don't say you are #3 restaurant in Bismarck unless you serve Excellent food! Next time I will go to Denny's, at least I know what to expect there, and they are probably #2 in Bismarck.

Jonathan H, Co-owner at The Toasted Frog, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your experience at The Toasted Frog. I'll reiterate what I said when I responded last time to your review before you deleted the review and my subsequent management response.

We use customer reviews as training tools, and the information provided to us by guests is invaluable, so again, thank you for your feedback. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your steak, and that your service was up to par. We were, however, disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy our list of wines by the glass. Hopefully you found a wine on our list of over 90 wines by the bottle that you could enjoy a couple glasses and then take the rest with you. We were also troubled to read that you didn't enjoy your side dishes, and that you'd rate Burger King higher than us. We take pride in what we serve at The Frog. Unlike BK, we make everything from scratch in house, but like BK, we have numerous options so you can have it your way. We always have plenty of vegetables in house, and we offer 4 different starch choices nightly, so hopefully you informed your server that you were dissatisfied, so we could bring you something more to your liking.

We don't have the luxury of calling ourselves the #3, #1, or #300 restaurant in Bismarck.......that's not for us to decide. Tripadvisor.com provides the rankings based on customer reviews like the one that you wrote about us and the one that you wrote about our terrific neighbors across the street. We don't claim to be perfect, but we don't think we serve slop, either. Just like all feedback, we'll take it to heart and continue to work hard to improve upon our guest's experience. Again, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Jonathan Holth
Co-owner
The Toasted Frog

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had dinner one night at the Toasted Frog and liked it well enough to go back for a second night. The first night I had their special of the night which was a fish dish with a side of bok choy which was excellent. The second night I had a filet which was also great.
They have an excellent selection of cocktails and wine. The service is well above average and the wait staff is very professional and attentive.
I definitely recommend the Toasted Frog if in the Bismarck area.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I really liked the atmosphere, but wow, did we have bad service!
Got there and were seated right away. Ordered a round of drinks and decided to get a dessert also. Drinks came quick (and were quite good!) and dessert followed, but then that was the last we saw of our server! We finished the round, and the dessert, then sat and chatted for probably 15 minutes while waiting to order more. We would have ordered another round, or 3 plus an appetizer and another dessert, but he didn't stop by the table. Finally one of our party stood up and put his coat on, and bam, he was there asking if we wanted another round. We just paid the check and left. Went to the hotel bar and had a great rest of the evening! We would have stayed longer, but our server didn't seem interested.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went down for a few drinks. Had a great time. Decided to order food. so we ordered walleye. Had way too many bones in it. We told the waiter about it and he said, it's fish, it has bones in it. Otherwise it was a nice place.