“Nice variety and excellent service”
Review of The Toasted Frog

The Toasted Frog
Ranked #12 of 182 Restaurants in Bismarck
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Toasted Frog is a fun, inviting, restaurant and lounge located in the heart of downtown Bismarck. With a polished casual atmosphere and a diverse menu, The Toasted Frog has a little bit of something for everyone. Extensive martini, wine, and beer lists, along with a large selection of spirits from around the world, The Frog is a great place to meet friends for drinks. Our dinner menu is varied, serving appetizers, soup and salads, lavosh, wood-fired pizzas, sandwiches, as well as entrees. We have nightly changing specials, including fresh fish flown in each week from Honolulu, Hawaii. Whether it's a pound of wings and a couple of beers, or a nice steak and a bottle of wine, The Toasted Frog can accommodate you.YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE TO DINE AT THE TOASTED FROG. We take reservations for groups of 8 or larger, otherwise seating is on a first come, first served basis. Open Monday through Saturday at 4 p.m., closed Sundays. See you soon at The Frog!
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice variety and excellent service”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boss and I were refered to this restaurant by one of the desk clerks at a hotel on the north side of town. Although we had to search a bit for parking because this restaurant is downtowm, it was worth the effort.

I had a Margherita pizza that was pretty good. My boss initially ordered a pasta special but when it arrived, decided that it was not what he was expecting. He changed his order to a burger. The waiter promptly apologized that the pasta was not acceptable and replaced his order without any fuss. I was impressed that we were not charged for the extra order and the waiter made sure the customers were satisfied!

• Visited January 2013

Bismarck, North Dakota
“Top five in Bismarck”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've dined here numerous times and the service is consistently some of the best in Bismarck. The waitstaff is knowledgeable and friendly. I usually get the seafood special and have only been disappointed once. They have a good selection of beers and wine. The menu is varied without being too weird. The wait has never been longer than 20 minutes.

• Visited December 2012
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Great food”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had a great night at the Toasted Frog, out standing service. The staff was on top of things.
It was not to loud. The food was wonderful! Thank you for a great night out in Bismarck.

• Visited November 2012
Spiritwood
“Terrible”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We did not enjoy the food here at all, Food was not tasty and we will not return. Service was great as we did not have to wait long for our meals or drinks. Server was very friendly. We came here with high expectations from reading the reviews and were very disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
Jonathan H, Co-owner at The Toasted Frog, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback from your experience at The Toasted Frog. Needless to say, we are saddened to hear that it wasn't an overall enjoyable experience. We take these reviews very seriously, and we use all reviews, both positive and negative, as training tools and learning experiences for our team. Without more specifics from your experience (i.e. which day you were in, which server you had, what dishes you had), it's difficult for me to address any specific issues in relation to your experience. Having said that, I'd like to personally apologize for the fact that you didn't enjoy your food. We take a lot of pride in what we do and what we serve at The Frog. We use only the freshest available ingredients, and everything is made from scratch in our kitchen. But, we're not perfect, and we do make mistakes. However, when that happens, we do whatever we can to fix the problem. Hopefully you told your server how you felt about the food so we were able to correct a specific issue, or at least make sure you didn't pay for something that didn't meet your, or our, standards.

It's tough to find a sliver lining in a one-star review, but I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the service. Excellent service is an important part of the dining experience, so I'm glad that you at least had that aspect of your evening fulfilled.

I would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you at your earliest convenience. You can either call the restaurant, or message me through tripadvisor, or e-mail me at jonathan@toastedfrog.com. Again, thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Jonathan Holth
Co-owner
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Bistro style restaurant and bar”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Nice menu and good beer and wine selection. Knowledgeable, friendly staff. It wants me to say more but that already sums it up so this sentence is just to fulfill the minimum comment length requirements.

Visited October 2012