“Miss the Old Peacock”
Review of Peacock Alley

Peacock Alley
Reserve with OpenTable
Peacock Alley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 184 Restaurants in Bismarck
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th Street
Description: Located in the historic Patterson building in downtown Bismarck, the Peacock Alley American Grill & Bar is truly a Bismarck destination. The Peacock is a National award winning restaurant winning the coveted beef innovator of the year in 2012. Diners order from a legendary menu featuring an exquisite variety for all palates. The evening menu offers a wide selection of steaks to gourmet burgers and salads. Known for mixing the BEST MARTINIS IN BISMARCK, the bar offers a selection of 24 different tap beers. Whether sitting down for a memorable dinner, enjoying a cocktail in the sprawling bar, or hosting a group gathering in our private 60 seat Langer Room, the Peacock Alley is the place where Bismarck meets.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Ordered fish and chips. Took server 15+ minutes to come back and say no longer on menu. Ordered an Alley Cat burger RARE. Wife's food and the shoe leather brown WELL DONE burger brought out. Asked server to take back. Wife is nearly half done with meal when she returns stating cook will not prepare it any other way. Asked to speak to owner, server stated they'd gone to the Belle Mehus for concert. After wife finished her dinner we left went home had a bologna sandwich.

4  Thank pheasant16
peacockalley, Owner at Peacock Alley, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Pheasant16, I am sorry to hear that our server did not know the menu. The items you selected have been discontinued for a couple of years so they were not familiar with what you were asking for. Instead of saying no right away we train our staff to always try to say yes. The server tried to accommodate your requests but was unable to because we no longer have fish to make the fish and chips. As for the RARE burger this is also something we strongly believe in. We follow the USDA guidelines for serving burgers. It is highly recommended to serve burgers at 160 degrees to prevent e coli and food poisoning. We will not compromise the potential health of our customers for any reason. Our kitchen goes thru extensive measures to ensure our customers never get sick and cooking burgers to 160 degrees is a great way to prevent food poisoning. Cooking a burger to rare we consider too risky of a chance to take so we say no to that request.
We wish you the best,
Dale
Owner

Reviewed October 10, 2012

They have some great martinis that they have come up with themselves. Very original and the atmosphere is very nice

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The service was okay - I think they were tired and didn't really
care that we were there. I had a salad that the leaves of the lettuce were brownish. I had to ask for my roll with it as the waitress had forgotten. Not very impressive.

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The restaurant is a block away from the Radisson so it is an easy choice. In fairness, the last time I was in, the lunch was great, so the miss at dinner is likely the exception. The meat on my sandwich was overdone and it was just lukewarm, while the fries were hot...can't tell what went wrong.

The on-tap selections offer a nice variety and the staff is accomodating. There was, as in previous visits, a lively crowd though it was not the unbearable racket you might find in similar establishment. The customer base is primarily 30+ business types...pretty easygoing just out for a drink and dinner or a post workday unwinding.

I'll return and give them another shot.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great location in a lively downtown area, that's about it. Ordered an overcooked sirloin, dinner salad looked like something I would get from a truck stop, service was efficient and friendly. Arrived at 7pm and the restaurant & bar was fairly empty, it honestly killed the atmosphere, it was just a downer, I felt like I was eating dinner in my grandmother's living room. Plenty of other better options in the area.

1  Thank a_man_about_town

Been to Peacock Alley? Share your experiences!