“A FIND!”

Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Ohio
“A FIND!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stumbled onto this motel when we arrived in the capitol and found that many of the hotels were full due to an international Indian pow wow. Yikes! A drive across town brought us to this multi-level hotel with a couple of remaining rooms. The rooms are spacious, the lobby is welcoming. The staff is friendly. And there are several stores and eateries within walking distance. The continental breakfast was very nice, and we felt we'd stumbled upon a gem in Bismarck!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel was very inexpensive compared to most, I was not blown away with the decor very dated and tired, seeme clean. Staff friend. Breakfast was below average, sorry coffee was aweful-TIP if you walk down there is a large grocery store called Franks-best place for breakfast. Nice coffee area with lots of pastries & beverages to choose from! Best part of this place (at least for summer) an outdoor pool and beautiful picnic-gathering area-very nice!! Great Location

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank New2travelin
Regina, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed in the Expressway Suites for 3 nights. We drove down for a shopping trip, and the hotel is just a block or so from the mall and Captain Jack's Liquor Land - perfect. It's nothing special - big room, but a bit outdated. However, it was clean and reasonably priced, and you really can't beat the location. Never had a chance to use the pool, but the free breakfast was pretty decent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Ignatius, Montana
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I spend 12-16 nites a month in hotels and appreciate hotel staff that want you to feel at home. The Expressway Suites is one on the best places I have ever stayed at--clean spacious rooms--a comfortable couch for relaxing--work space with enough plug-ins--but most importantly a great staff that care about your visit.

Room Tip: second or 3rd floor is always my choice
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We found this hotel to be very gross, and I was surprised to see so many good reviews. We needed a hotel to crash at for one night on a cross country trip. Hotels (unbeknownst to me) in Bismarck were very pricy. Decided to use hotwire and went for the only hotel available which was 2 1/2 star which was probably a mistake. The hotel staff was friendly enough. The room was very dingy, beds were okay at best, room seemed dirty and had a smell of wet dog. The air conditioner, toilets, and refrigerator were extremely noisy and kept us awake the whole night. We definitely did not feel well rested after our stay. The breakfast was fairly gross and the seating area was very depressing. I didn't trust eating most of the food so my husband and I settled on a bagel. We paid $115 for this horrible experience which is probably the worst part. Wished we would have paid $40 more for a decent hotel and maybe some sleep.

Room Tip: Nothing would help in this hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nicolemn
ExpresswayInn, Manager at Expressway Inn & Suites of Bismarck, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Unsure which room this might have been. There are a few rooms that are still to be remodeled but even the ones that are yet to be remodeled are in pretty good shape, and to describe the hotel as "gross" is completely untrue (other reviews seem to support this). Really wish the guest would have reported this to the front desk so we could have checked it out and made any necessary improvements. We get lots of compliments about our continental breakfast also and not sure what was "gross" their either. Waffles, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereals, apples, breads, donuts, rolls, coffee, juices, milk,.... pretty much standard breakfast is offered on a daily basis. Really wish the guest would have shared their concerns with the front desk or management, as we could have addressed it.
Irvine, California
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I flew into Bismarck and called the hotel when I landed. They got to the airport to pick me up just a few min.after I called. We got to the hotel in just a few min. I was checked in very quickly by the front desk staff. They were very knowledgeable of the area and things that I could go see/do in my downtime from my work.

The outdoor pool was a lifesaver during this heat wave! It was a very nice and had a great covered patio covered in vines. It made the day much cooler for everyone out there.

I wish my trip had been longer, but for what time I did have, I couldnt have asked for more from the Hotel. I will recommend this hotel to everyone that I know will travel to the Bismarck area!

Room Tip: Ice machines are on 1st, 3rd and 5th floors...fyi :)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed June 29, 2012

These properties both support smoke-free & pet-free environment for their guests so more cleanliness & healthier air during your stay!
They serve a satisfying continental breakfast each morning including waffles, eggs, bagels, plus!
The outdoor pool is fenced nicely with vines that create privacy plus a nice cemented gazebo to enjoy some shade also!
All rooms have excellent mattresses!
Located across the street from an excellent mall!
Many restaurants within walking distance, as well as, supermarket & gas station with car wash!
Easy access to airport & only 3 miles from these properties!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators & ice machines for additional quiet space!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple