“Atmosphere made the evening”
Review of East 40 Food and Drink - CLOSED

East 40 Food and Drink
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Average food. Was expecting a bit more so I would have to mention that for the price I was surprised. $25 for a slice of lasagna?? I ate the Chicken Oscar and it was okay. The potatoes served with it was the best thing on the plate. We sat in the bar because the dining room was on a 35min wait....on a Tues evening at 8pm?? Should have been a sign because we waited almost 40min for our entrees to arrive. The atmosphere and service saved the meal. Might return again but with a different expectation on the evening.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Best lobster bisque! Seafood very good. Whole meal great experience. Best restaurant in Bismarck, also very expensive.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Good food. Nice wine list. Warm feeling place. Walking distance to the Best Western Doublewood and a couple other hotels.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This so called up scale is all blow the food is horrible ordered. A ribeye for 35 dollars it came with a salad with a chipotle ranch that was very unenjoyable! The steak had a 4oz piece of grizzle on it not fat grizzle. The so called mashed potatoes were way crunchy and poorly seasoned. Come people. Now lets get to the salmon we are from salmon country and the chef obviously is not poor seasoning and improper understanding of levels of done. So 100 dollars later and 2 hours of my life wasted. Perkins is taking the cake in this food battle. Remember you can't. Be smug with horriable grub.

1  Thank Andrea S
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Come here when you want to treat yourself to a true experience. A quaint, chapel-like building, it was built in 1975 but has imported many antiques to give it a timely quality. Seating is intimate, with half-a-dozen or so rooms decorated by era, each with a fireplace. My waitress was very accommodating, discussing the building with me and even giving me a tour (it was the end of the night). You'll pay for the ambiance, but then again "family" restaurants are a dime-a-dozen in this part of town. My waitress promptly started me off with an Alaskan amber, which I sipped while taking in the imported bar, Spanish chandelier and 10-foot stained glass window. I ordered the Elk Burger, which came with a Caesar salad and sweet-potato fries. The Casesar dressing was as God intended it, and the fries seasoned with sea-salt. They were out of onion rings for the burger and were extremely amenable in offering me substitutions (I added avocado). Yes, they have $25-$30 entrees, but they also have a selection of lighter fair. The total for my burger, salad, fries, and beer was $21. The waitstaff was appropriately professional and attentive; snooty? Not in my mind. If you want to make a new best friend, head to Ruby Tuesday's. If you want an experience you won't forget, check out the East 40 Chophouse.