“Good place to spend a night”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck South
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
San Francisco, California
“Good place to spend a night”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Great place to spend a night when driving through. Well kept, good breakfast that went till 10 AM. Large rooms with modern amenties. Also very convient to restaurants and the freeway. Best choice for this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dljhk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Winnipeg
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Check in went well. The room was clean and basic. Good parking and close to shopping center. We noticed several "sketchy" characters passing through the parking lot so I don't know what type of area this hotel is located in, seemed OK. The breakfast was OK although they had run out of large plates which seemed unusual given that there were not many people down for breakfast and the hotel was not extremely busy. We would probably try a different hotel if we were to stay in Bismarck again. Friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank don38506
BismarckSouthFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck South, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Just a note of thanks for allowing us to serve as your host during your stay. We trust that your visit was enjoyable and productive while at our hotel. As General Manager, I value your feed back concerning your stay with us. My staff and I strive to exceed your expectations and we are constantly looking for ways to improve and make your stay with us as enjoyable and care free as possible. I would like to personally apologize that we were not able to meet or exceed your expectations. I have personally talked with my breakfast staff to keep things stocked at all times so that we do not run into that problem again in the future. Let me assure you that your comments are taken with high importance and have been addressed accordingly. Thank you for your feedback and allowing us to serve as your host while in the area. We look forward to serving you again!

Matthew Moen
Bismarck South Fairfield Inn and Suites
Colorado
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here for two nights. The room was very nice, everything is new in the room. There was a water and a chex mix on the desk which was nice. The fitness center is okay, there is a treadmill and elliptical. The breakfast is average. There is coffee was not fresh initally,the lady working made a new pot. The fruit and oatmeal was good. There are frozen egg/ham biscuits that you can heat up. I prefer fresh eggs so that was not something that interested me.
The printer was broken so I could not print the agenda that I wanted. I asked the guy working at the front desk if could print it out but he could not figure out how to use the computer behind the desk. Additionally, I went to use the public bathroom and the idiot working at the front desk was just wrapping up with his "business" and had not locked the door. Thank god I did not get there any sooner or I would have seen way more than I ever wanted to. When he did finish, I went to use the restroom and he had peed all over the floor. Pretty gross!! Overall this would not affect my impression of the hotel/ room, but was just an unpleasant encounter.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

It can be hard to find a room in North Dakota at the last minute, so I wasn't expecting much. Our room at the Fairfield far exceeded my expectations. Very clean, updated, nice decor, good linens, comfortable bed, and the best breakfast choices I've found at any similar hotel. The pool is basic (not a waterslide like many other hotels in ND). My only suggestion would be to designate a couple of rooms pet-friendly. And, the price was competitive. My husband would like a shout-out, he chose the Fairfield.

• Stayed July 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Rooms are a little tired and the bathroom could use an update. Not the worst FF Inn, not the best. I prefer the HIE in Bismarck

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
BismarckSouthFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck South, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize we did not meet your expectations while you were a guest of our hotel. I want to assure you we understand the issues you have expressed and are taking steps to alleviate those problems and improve the hotel for our guests. We hope with our continued efforts to improve the quality of stay for our guests, you will give the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck South another try if you find yourself in the area again.
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My son and I stayed here for a weekend get away. Our room was immaculate with extra towels and extra pillows. This was our first visit to Bismarck and the experience was nothing short of a perfect hotel experience. The jacuzzi was clean and the pool was fun! I definitely liked the fact that if I slept in and missed breakfast, Perkins and McDonalds were a hop, skip and a jump away from the front lobby. The Dakota Zoo and the Lewis and Clark Riverboat were only minutes away! wiFi was consistent and there was a decent cable channel lineup.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had a great stay here.The staff was friendly and the room, common areas, pool and hot tub were all very clean. Very nice special touches like cookies and lemonade in the lobby after a long day of driving with 2 kids. Great breakfast and comfy beds. We went by the previous reviews and were very pleased with how right-on they were. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family