“OK, but needs an update” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck South

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck South
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“OK, but needs an update”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Rooms are a little tired and the bathroom could use an update. Not the worst FF Inn, not the best. I prefer the HIE in Bismarck

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BismarckSouthFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck South, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize we did not meet your expectations while you were a guest of our hotel. I want to assure you we understand the issues you have expressed and are taking steps to alleviate those problems and improve the hotel for our guests. We hope with our continued efforts to improve the quality of stay for our guests, you will give the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck South another try if you find yourself in the area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

My son and I stayed here for a weekend get away. Our room was immaculate with extra towels and extra pillows. This was our first visit to Bismarck and the experience was nothing short of a perfect hotel experience. The jacuzzi was clean and the pool was fun! I definitely liked the fact that if I slept in and missed breakfast, Perkins and McDonalds were a hop, skip and a jump away from the front lobby. The Dakota Zoo and the Lewis and Clark Riverboat were only minutes away! wiFi was consistent and there was a decent cable channel lineup.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had a great stay here.The staff was friendly and the room, common areas, pool and hot tub were all very clean. Very nice special touches like cookies and lemonade in the lobby after a long day of driving with 2 kids. Great breakfast and comfy beds. We went by the previous reviews and were very pleased with how right-on they were. Would definitely stay here again.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed here for one night on our cross country trip. The staff was super helpful throughout the stay. Our room was clean, modern and fairly quiet. The location is fairly easy from 94 and we walked to down town for dinner (~20 minutes). There are a lot of closer chain restaurants as well. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel has a great location with a great breakfast. The kids enjoyed the pool. Staff was great, beds comfortable. However they did not do a good job of coming into the halls at night to quiet down the kids from baseball teams. 11:30 pm is far to late for them to be up and down the halls so loud. Breakfast area is smallish, but well organized. Breakfast lady did great job keeping things stocked even when people were always in here way!!!

Saint Paul, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I've stayed at the Fairfield Inn South off Ivy Avenue in Bismarck, ND before and had a good experience so I returned. The typical experience, but on this last experience had to deal with stumping from the people above my room. I called the front desk at 1:30am complaining about the noise. The stomping and yelling continued for about another hour. Upon check-out I asked for a manager; who was not available. Told the front desk person about my experience and she promised to forward my complaing to the manager. I thought I'd never get a response as what normally happens (I decided to go back to or never go near a hotel based upon their response). To my surprize Matt the manager wrote me an email that evening. Overall, they will continue to get my business because of their response and follow-through. The hotel is clean, the rooms kept well, and it is located close to many restuarants, shopping facilities, and the state capitol. Minus the folks who behave badly, this is good hotel to do business with, and judging from their response, they will go above and beyond to take care of their customers. Thanks.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor room to avoid possible stomping and partying from above.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I always ask for a high floor room away from elevator and machines. In this hotel I was given a room on the first floor right off the lobby next to the vending/ice machines. Staff did not care about where they put us and the lady at the check in desk was not friendly or accomodating.
When we came back from dinner, planning to go to be early for an early start next day, it was impossible to get to sleep. You could clearly hear people coming in and talking in the hallway. The walls and ceilings of this hotel felt paper thin. Then people started using the ice machine and this added to the noise. Then some kid upstairs decided to run around and jump and made the walls and ceiling shake. This went on past 10 o'clock. And the noises started again at 5:30 AM. We did not get a good night sleep.
I traveled from Washington to Florida and was on the way back and stayed at many hotels both ways. This is by far the worst night sleep I got.
For every hotel I stayed in I got a survey a couple of days later. Not this one. No survey - surprise and so I decided to write a review.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first or second floor - it the person above you decide to walk it will feel...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pah88
BismarckSouthFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck South, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve. I would like to apologize for not accomodating your requests as they were noted and placing you in a high traffic area next to the ice machine. I have addressed this with my front desk staff and we will make a much greater effort to accomodate guest requests more effectively. We at the Fairfield Inn and Suites always want our guests to get a restful nights sleep and I apologize that that was not the case with your stay with us. I want to assure you that all of these issues have been addressed so that they do not happen again in the future. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Bismarck South Fairfield Inn and Suites another try next time you stay in the area.

Matthew Moen