“Room was dirty!”

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Cathay
“Room was dirty!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The room was dirty. The coffee table, desk, and computer chair were dirty. The tub/shower had hair in it, the toilet had mold in it, no kleenex in the bathroom, the alarm clock looked like it hadn't been wiped off in months. We were leaving for a bit so I went to the front desk to tell them this and the two front desk clerks just looked at me like what are we supposed to do? So I politely asked them if they could reclean the room and we'd be back in a couple hours. So upon arriving back you could see exactly where they wiped off the desk and missed spots, chair was not cleaned, and still no Kleenex. Myself being a hearing impaired person was upset when finding out the CC didn't work on the tv. So much for a nice weekend away with my husband. Was so glad to get out of there the next morning. Not to mention I'm a Wydnham rewards member and didn't get the points because of the new system apparently. We won't be returning!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Timothy B
Dee07922, Manager at Ramada Limited Bismarck Northeast, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
When checking in early (before check in time) with the front desk on saturday. They put you in a room that had NOT been checked by our Head Room Attendant.

The front desk told our Room Attendant you had stopped down on your way out for the after noon and requested fresh towels and for them to touch up the Bathroom.

It was NOT brought to her attention you wished for her to clean the room. I wish you would of called down right away and told us. We would of Moved you to anouther room that had been double checked by the Head Room Attendant as soon as we had a room available.

As for the TV they are all new as of July 2012, I just had our maint dept look into the issue.

We did recieve the comment card you hasd left at check out and an adjustment was made to your card. We are so sorry for the missunderstanding and the inconvenience.

The Ramada Limited Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Grand Rapids
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The stay was very nice. The only complaint I have was that I stayed with a group of 16 other people at the hotel and they all received a granola bar and water complimentary I believe and I did not have anything in my room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

We are very sorry, when groups book at the hotel we always try and
put a little gift in every room. One of the rooms must of been missed or the front desk switched rooms with out moving our gift to the correct room.

We are happy to hear that the rest of your stay was good. We hope to see you back
again when you are in the area.

Fargo
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Large gravel lot for parking trucks in next to the hotel, apparently a bank owns that whole lot which has 1 little ATM in the corner by the entrance, they say the trucks are ruining the lot and you have to pay $10 per night to park anything in that lot. I will no longer be staying at this hotel, which the manager seemed to not care about at all, same reaction a customer of ours got about the same thing. Fee is to maintain the lot, which has been rutted with very large pot holes, the same ones that have been there for at least 4 years, so they are charging because they want extra money and are not putting it towards the lot. Lots of lost business due to the extra $10 parking fee and front desk/managers that don't care that you will stay at another hotel. On top of that it is dated, and rooms are dirty every time I stay there, I might be picky but stuff on the floor, stained couches, bathrooms that always have hair in the sink/shower and or on the floor/walls every time I stay there!?!?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

We are very sorry for the Inconvenients, we are under new owner ship!
The issue with large empty lot in front of the hotel was out of our control.
We are no longer Associated with the lot.

Thank you.