“Adorable place ! Location and clean...”
Review of Buckboard Inn

Buckboard Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beach
Buckboard Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Yes I put "5's"!! It is half $ for any room in Medora and clean , respectful , all basic needs met. The lady here is extremely sweet! Twenty min to Medora. Easy on / off freeway. Charming little place

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank CLTLRT

Reviewed April 14, 2013

It covers my basic’s and I’m not paying for a bunch of perks that everyone but me is using.

The down and up sides of my more recent stay is that they have raised their prices in the last couple of years, but not nearly as fast as those in Dickinson (where I can no longer afford to stay) Another down side is that the Flying J next door took out their sit down restaurant and replaced it with a Subway … it is still 24-hours but not the variety.

Not much has changed with the rooms, still use a key, not a card. I didn’t ask, but I think some of the same staff is here as was here 10 years ago when I first stayed here. (Yes, I’ve been coming here that long so they must be doing something right)

They do not offer ‘breakfast,’ but they do have morning coffee and bread/toast and just about anything you can put on it.

The room, clean and quiet. Water was hot. That is all I need. (see pic’s for what else the room offers)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
bucky725, Manager at Buckboard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

thank you for your comments, it is under new management as of october 2012, the one prior to that did alot of damage to our bussiness. so if you could spread the word that we are clean, kind, hard working, will do what we can to help out anyone, it would be appreciated.

thanks

nancy goodale, manager

buckboard inn
beach north dakota

please come back again

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Good economy hotel in an area where there's not a lot to choose from. Room is a good size and comfortable enough, has a fridge, desk, table & chairs, the tv is a bit small and the bed was a bit lumpy but ok for my overnight stay. Stayed here in winter so it was quiet, didn't hear anyone else in the hotel. Free wi-fi was a bit slow but it worked. Not sure if breakfast was included, when I asked in the morning where to get breakfast I was directed to the mexican restaurant downtown.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Emma S
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Pretty much your basic economy motel. I stopped on my way east to find a room in western North Dakota (not an easy thing) and got a quote of $65 here. Not bad, so I booked the room.
A week later on my return, the room was ready for me and just up the stairs.
The grill had been taken off of the A/C unit, but it was cool and not needed. Couldn't get the refrigerator to work, but there's plenty of ice just down the steps in a common area.
The room had plenty of space with a separate table and a desk. New sink/faucet and valves in the bathroom. Carpet was clean enough and the the bedding was very clean.
I could hear voices in the hall through my door and expected the worst... but it was very quiet all night and even in the morning. Couldn't even hear water running!
Breakfast is simply toast, juice and coffee. Don't expect much - there are good breakfast stops nearby.
For western North Dakota, it's a good choice if you want to save some money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Andy W
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Room was clean. Air conditioner was a little load. Lady at front deskwas really nice once u got to know her. It is a quiet motel. I would stay there again. Other motels were very over priced when I was there.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank specialk1012
Reviewed June 22, 2012

First of all, the manager at the front desk is crabby and treated me as if I was bothering her when I asked for a room, I awoke in the early morning hours with bites all over me. Bed bugs in the room. disgusting. When i went to check out, the manager was nowhere to be found. There were a couple of cleaning ladies who were really nice and I could tell that they work hard.

Room Tip: Don't stay here... drive a little longer to a different town.