“Very enjoyable Mother's Day Brunch and family outing”

Cattails Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Zebulon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very enjoyable Mother's Day Brunch and family outing”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Always looking for something different and special for Mother's day I noticed that Cattails was offering a Mother's day Brunch. Having not eaten at the ball park other than Hotdogs, peanuts, and dippin dots we weren't sure what to expect. We were all favorably impressed with the selection and quality of the food. While I've certainly been to larger brunch spreads this one had enough variety and everything was very tasty! While all the food was good, I have to give a special shout out to the mini desserts... I wish I could have eaten more!! The service was very attentive, we did not feel rushed and all the employees were happy to assist. We were not rushed at all and my son really enjoyed being able to look out onto the field and watch the preparations for the game. Probably the best summary I can give is my son saying "Can we go there next year!"

• Visited May 2013

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Best restaurant for hundreds of miles...”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This restaurant seems to be a diamond in a goat's butt. In the middle of nowhere Carolina, a restaurant at a minor league ball club is the best for hundreds of miles, it seems. The staff is very accommodating and friendly, the atmosphere is clean and comfortable, and the food is superb. My steak was cooked exactly how I ordered it (medium-rare), which a lot of restaurants screw up. The presentation was very nice too. The menu items are few in number, and they do a great job with each. If you're the kind of person that seems to inhabit this part of the country that likes fried this-and-that and buffet this-and-that, and want buckets of food instead of normal portion sizes, go somewhere else and leave your negative comments about the "fancy food" and "snooty servers" elsewhere. This restaurant would do well in a big city like Chicago or a nice suburb. People just don't seem to appreciate good food and atmosphere when they see it, and their negativity is directed at the staff unfortunately. I can't wait till my next Mudcats game just so I can eat here.

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank EyerishRogue
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Chi-chi food @ the ballpark!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Tried CATTAILS on Sat because I had a Groupon for them that was fixin' to expire.
The restaurant was very nice and comfortable. Huge tables all overlooking the ball field, comfy chairs, & kind lighting (but not too dark) made it very nice. We sat by the kitchen so it was a bit louder but not horrid.
The food was quite pricey & quantities weren't huge but it was all delicious! The bread was excellent! Warm, crusty & seriously YUM! We had pie for dessert & that was not remarkable in any way.
The service was a bit spotty & slow in a restaurant that was not at all full. We asked for some olive oil for the bread (would have made it perfect!!) and that never arrived. There was some staff dissention going on that they could have toned down.
All in all a nice evening...it aggravated me that they put a gratuity on the ticket w/o saying anything at all...there were only three of us...

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Only thing missing was the Mudcats playing!”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

What an unexpected find in a baseball stadium! No ballgame the night we went for a Christmas dinner party and that was really the only thing missing to make the night close to perfection. Service was excellent and the food was amazing. A must visit and definitely worth a return trip. If you are in the area of the Mudcats stadium (game or no game) visit this restaurant you will not be disappointed. Great view of the playing field if a game is in action.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank 1moresunset
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Disappointment”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

A restaurant that should be good, but quite disappointing. Overpriced and just not that good. The goat cheese salad was terrible. Shrimp and grits were just okay. The duck entray was quite good, not dry and quite flavorable.

• Visited October 2011