“Chi-chi food @ the ballpark!”

Cattails Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 35 Restaurants in Zebulon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Tried CATTAILS on Sat because I had a Groupon for them that was fixin' to expire.
The restaurant was very nice and comfortable. Huge tables all overlooking the ball field, comfy chairs, & kind lighting (but not too dark) made it very nice. We sat by the kitchen so it was a bit louder but not horrid.
The food was quite pricey & quantities weren't huge but it was all delicious! The bread was excellent! Warm, crusty & seriously YUM! We had pie for dessert & that was not remarkable in any way.
The service was a bit spotty & slow in a restaurant that was not at all full. We asked for some olive oil for the bread (would have made it perfect!!) and that never arrived. There was some staff dissention going on that they could have toned down.
All in all a nice evening...it aggravated me that they put a gratuity on the ticket w/o saying anything at all...there were only three of us...

Reviewed December 23, 2011

What an unexpected find in a baseball stadium! No ballgame the night we went for a Christmas dinner party and that was really the only thing missing to make the night close to perfection. Service was excellent and the food was amazing. A must visit and definitely worth a return trip. If you are in the area of the Mudcats stadium (game or no game) visit this restaurant you will not be disappointed. Great view of the playing field if a game is in action.

1  Thank 1moresunset
Reviewed November 4, 2011

A restaurant that should be good, but quite disappointing. Overpriced and just not that good. The goat cheese salad was terrible. Shrimp and grits were just okay. The duck entray was quite good, not dry and quite flavorable.

1  Thank bhogg49
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My girlfriend and I went there to eat a couple of weeks ago. We were promptly seated, but after being seated it took quite a while for a server to come to our table. The restaurant was not busy at all and there was no game that night so we couldn't quite figure out why we had no server. After our server finally came to our table, probably ten minutes after we were seated, we ordered our drinks and meals. The prices on the menu were quite high and there were not many options. We noticed as we were sitting at our table that many of the waitstaff members and the hostess were busy texting on their phones and chatting with one another, no wonder it took so long for a server to come to our table. It took roughly fifteen minutes for us to get our food and it was not that great. My steak was overcooked and my girlfriends chicken was slightly undercooked. The kitchen is open so you can see what's going on and it looks like their "executive chef" is in highschool and on drugs. It was not worth our time to go to this restaurant because of the poor service we recieved and the high prices of their food. We will not be going back!

2  Thank Mike D
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I have never in my life been to a restaurant (and one at a ballpark for that) where I have been made felt like my money was no good there! I frequent plenty of restaurants that cost alot more than this place and have never been turned away or treated differently because of the way I dressed. I was going to a BALLGAME, so why on earth would I need to wear a dress and heels!! Went into Cattails to watch a baseball game, have some drinks, and enjoy the company of our friends. We were told that we couldn't sit at a table and that we had to sit at the bar if we were just going to drink. We had a party of between 8-10 and they had "maybe" that many bar seats half of which were already taken. Our waitress was snooty...the bar staff was snooty...and when approached by the supposed "President" of the restaurant he couldn't even produce a business card! We could have understood if there were people out the door waiting to get in, but there weren't. There were two open tables around us that could have sat up to 6 people at each table. I won't ever step foot in this restaurant again. They definitely didn't have anything to be snooty about. I do NOT reccomend this place.

3  Thank HDChic07