“Great Restaurant, Bar Looked Hopping too!”

The Bridge Tender Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Casual fine dining located on the Intracoastal waterway. Offering fine seafood and steaks, wonderful entrée salads and decadent desserts. Indoor and outdoor seating available.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Went to visit Wilmington NC for the first time, and this place was recommended from years past by a friend. Although the outside appearance is a little bleak, the food was great, and the Key Lime pie is a must have for dessert! (Enormous!) We ordered an app and then an entree to split and they brought it out split for us, very nice of them! The food was excellent, would definitely go back if I visit again.

Although we didn't go to the bar area, it look packed and sounded like everyone was having a good time, might venture in next time as well to see what all the noise was about =)

1  Thank Gene H

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

First, the early bird menu is now nineteen dollars. It is still a good value and close to the beach. I had the shrimp and grits as suggested by the waitress and wasn't disappointed. My wife had the crab cakes and loved them as well. You can change up the sides you are getting so don't be embarrassed to ask. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I love key lime pie. The desert by the same name that Bridgetender serves is not even close to key lime pie. We ordered it last night and it was like eating cotton candy at the state fair. Best I can tell, they mix a cup of sugar with a tub of cool whip then add frozen lime concentrate. May be your thing, just saying...go across the causeway and try the keylime at bluewater. I'm not saying their food is better, promise the keylime is authentic and wonderful.

1  Thank Keith M
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is one of the best dinner experiences I've had in Wilmington. My husband and I came in without reservation on a Friday night in the summer, and they still managed to fit us in at a table in the dining room. The views are great, and if it's nice out, you can enjoy dining outside. The seafood was cooked well and all the food was delicious. The service was great as well. I would definitely return, and would recommend others try the Bridge Tender for dinner.

1  Thank Stephanie F
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very nice wine list. Business dinner. All had the filet and it was excellent. The waiter was smart and pleasant. Nice view of boats coming and going. No biting bugs. Will return.