“Attention to detail”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Attention to detail”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

The chefs attention to detail was excellent. If you can catch the 4-6pm 19.99 specials, they are worth every penny.

2 Thank Rudy S

Raleigh
“Excellent service; good food”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I were here on Mother's Day at lunch, and although we did not have reservations, we were able to be seated at a high table in the bar. It had a nice view of the Inter-coastal Waterway. Actually, the bar area was much quieter than the general dining area which was slammed due to the holiday. Perhaps this was a reason that the kitchen was very slow in delivering our food. Nonetheless, it came out hot. My crab-stuffed flounder was wonderful and my husband's crab cakes were equally delicious. However, the vegetables that came with our entrees were bland. I had sauteed spinach, which could have used a splash of balsamic - something, anything - to give it flavor. My husband's mixed vegetables were "so-so". The in-house homemade red velvet cake was absolutely to die for. Highly recommended - and recommended to be shared. Hope to return again!

1 Thank Jeana P
Gray Court, South Carolina
“Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Ate here two nights out of three on a business trip. First night we were early enough for the Sunset special, which was very affordable and were able to sit outside on the deck. Very nice. Two nights later we were later and had to sit inside. No problem as the table still had a nice view. Prices were much higher, though so were the portions.
One knock on the restaurant would be the musty smell just as you walk in. It may be the ocean, but I didn't notice it at several other places.
Will certainly go back.

1 Thank KurleyHT
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Amazing food, staff and view! Made my anniversary!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I just had to make a point to do my review while I remembered our servers name. We had a very memorable 7th anniversary. Everyone was wonderful, but Daniel our server was above and beyond the best we have encountered anywhere! The food was delicious, everything was perfectly timed and the setting is beautiful. But I cannot rave enough how much fantastic service impresses me. I work in customer service and sadly so many in the industry don't go the extra mile. Well Daniel did and I have told everyone I know they have to make a point to go to the Bridge Tender! And we will be back, more often now! Thank you Daniel for making our special day extra lovely!

2 Thank Melissa G
Clinton, North Carolina
“Very Disappointed!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went here with some friends to celebrate birthdays and we were very disappointed. First off it started with them being out of Chambord liquor, which was in 2 of there only 4 specialty drinks. Once we sat down for dinner we ordered our meal and it took them 30 minutes after we ordered to realize that they were out of the Prime Rib special for that night. I just didnt understand why this took them 30 minutes to realize this. The food tasted good once we finally got it after waiting an hour after they told us they were out of the specials. The waitress didnt come by our table at one point at all for 30 minutes straight.. I have never had this happen at any restaurant I have ever been to. The checks were not correct and they had to be fixed one time and when she brought them back they were still not right... we just settled with each other on our own.. At this point we knew if we didnt hurry up and get out we were going to have to say something! I will have to say I will definitely not be going back to this restaurant for a while the service was horrible. The only reason I gave 3 stars is for the beautiful view and the food pretty good.

• Visited April 2014
ktg2012, Public Relations Manager at The Bridge Tender Restaurant, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I'm am truly sorry for your experience at our restaurant. If you would like you may call the restaurant at 910-256-4519 and ask to speak to myself, Chris, the general manager, so that we may further discuss your experience. Again, I am sorry for this happening.

Christopher McCray