“Could have been better”

The Bridge Tender Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Could have been better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have gone here before and had an enjoyable experience, but not this time. We went on Thanksgiving day and were not as pleased. I had called 2 weeks before to make a reservation. I had requested a table or booth up by the water. I had company from out of state and wanted them to have a good view. When we got there we were taken to a small table squeezed in on the side next to the out door area. This was a very narrow area that would have made it uncomfortable for 2 of my guest which would have been sitting in the isle area and the other's with their back to a window over looking a patio. When I brought this to the attention of the Manager at the front, I was told that was the table that I asked for??? No would have asked for that table!! Let me point out that there were tables by the water that were open, set for larger groups and booths that had a great view that were empty from the time we sat down to the time we left?? When I insisted on another table even if we had to wait, he gave us one of the booths. I was very disappointed in his attitude and how he handled the situation, I was not just a walk in we had made a reservation well in advance. I will also mention that we had the pre-fix menu and felt rushed by the service and several items were dry with little of no flavor. I realize that any Holiday is difficult to get both good food and service, but I did expect better that what we received.

3 Thank Cape Fear R

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Experience for Thanksgiving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Visited Bridge Tender for Thanksgiving dinner. Service (with reservation) was fast, restaurant was clean and the food was great. Had the Thanksgiving (fixed) menu and was not disappointed. They allow you to bring your own wine or Champange so we also saved money that would have been otherwise spent on excess bar charges. Nice view of the waterway and boat dock from the booth that we were seated in.

The only thing missing from the plate was a dab of cranberry sauce. The sliced turkey was very good, stuffing tasty and the side of crab dip was yummy. The included dessert was a trio of pumpkin souffle, apple crisp and something else that I never had a chance to sample because the rest of the family snatched everything up!

Great visit, would recommend for just about any type of occasion and the prices are reasonable.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Located on the ICWW (= Intra-Coastal Waterway)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Located right @ the edge of the water, where the bridge to Wrightsville Beach crosses over the ICWW. The Bridge Tender is a great restaurant, offering seafood, but has other options as well. I have hosted parties there and gone there w/a small group of friends. Your dinner choice will be hard since they provide a number of excellent choices. Food is prepared well, service is very good and the sight of boats moving up and down the ICWW is a treat. The Bridge Tender has indoor -&- outdoor seating. During mild climate months I'd recommend always going outside :)

1 Thank Matthew W
Wilmington, North Carolina
“three strike outs. no more”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have been to the Bridge Tender Restaurant three times. First time, despite a reservation made over a week earlier, we were seated across from a busing station. They reseated us across from another, then finally we had to sit at a high-top in the bar. At six pm, we were told they were out of prime ribs. After complaining they 'found' some.

Second trip, server poured hot food all over our guest's new linen jacket. Offered a free dessert to compensate for a $400 ruined jacket. Then never brought the dessert. The food was mediocre.

Third trip. Restaurant was about two thirds full, yet it took more than fiftenn minutes to get a drink order in. At six thirty, we were told they again were out of prime ribs which is why we went there. The on-duty manager's suggestion; WE should call the manager the next day so 'in the future they will be better prepared'.

Never again.

2 Thank Ron V
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Seven was our lucky number”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

A party of seven can have difficulty getting good service and good food at many restaurants but not at The Bridge Tender. We did a variety of things from appetizers and seared tuna to entrees of their special; trigger fish to a 10 oz. roast beef. Beverage selection was great and we finished it with a six inch key lime pie; see picture.