“Great View”
Review of Surf Suites Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Surf Suites Motel
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed one night in July. Luckily, we got a ground floor overlooking the Ocean with the beach just outside the door. Our suite was very roomy, full kitchen, big bedroom with attached bathroom. Sliding patio doors to the beach. Guy who checked us in was friendly enough, but you PAY BIG for that view! Walks on the beach, swimming, then to the pier for dinner! $258 for one night!

Room Tip: I liked the main floor so we could just walk out our patio doors to the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WANDERLUSTinME
There are newer reviews for Surf Suites Motel

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had a great time at the Surf suites. A very nice hotel with roomy units and a very friendly staff. It is also located right next to a great restaurant with a fishing pier. We will defiantly come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here from December 23rd to January 6th 2014 to spend Christmas and New Year. The room was nice with the separate bedroom and a very comfy king bed. Kitchen was nice with dishwasher and up to date appliances. The view of the ocean and pier was great and relaxing and to relax was our main reason for being there. The rates for this time of year was great. The room was clean. Mary our housekeeper was very nice and made sure we had clean towels and trash was removed. Michael, in the front office was also very helpful and nice. The bathroom was on the small size but there again, I am a big guy! Overall the room was pretty handicap friendly. I am in a wheelchair and also use a walker. If you are looking for a nice place Surf Suites is a good place to start especially if you just want to stay in, do your own cooking or order delivery, and chill and watch the ocean. Also it was nice to be in a hotel that will let you smoke on the balcony. I smoke my pipe once in a while and just enjoy the salt air and views and a lot of hotels wont let you smoke on the balcony. I understand why in the room but outside wont make the room smelly. My wife and I already have our reservations for 2014/5 holidays! The only reason I gave this place 4 stars is because it could be updated furniture wise. See you in December!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bubbie1960
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Nice location, roomy, and very clean with fantastic ocean view! Loved having the bedroom separate from living area. Bedroom bed very comfy, didn't use sofa bed so unsure about it. Plenty of parking and close enough to walk to Johnny Mercer's pier for dinner if you don't want to drive out. Delicious food. Will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank believeinhim
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Nice location, friendly staff. Rooms very large & all oceanfront. For view of ocean, best NOT to be on first floor. Towels appear to be brand new so I guess they have been recently replaced which was nice. However, the sleeper sofa was very uncomfortable, even for a young teenager. For the most part, things in room worked and were clean enough. However, don't look too closely. I'm tall so I could easily see the top of the refrigerator...lets just say "ugh". There is a fair amount of dust in other room areas too. I would definitely consider staying here again, but I'd bring an air mattress and my own lysol wipes.

Room Tip: definitely ask for 2nd floor or above.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been to the Surf many times and have recommended it to friends and family. This time around it was a major disappointment, and I may try something else next time around. The Surf has really become dated and the level of care was not up to par. Our screen door to the balcony was off the track when we arrived, the remote in the bedroom didn't work, towels were what you might find in an older Motel 6 and the housekeeping was poor. Floors were not attended to at all as the sand we had carried in was just left on the floor. The bathtub did not drain well. In addition, even the cheapest of motels usually make coffee available in the room. Yes, there was a coffee maker, but no coffee or anything to go in it even if there was. Halls and elevators were also dirty and seemingly not attended to. While the view is great and the location a good one, this honeymoon trip would have been better spent somewhere else. Overall, not a good value!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blueeyesform
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just a lovely hotel - right price, clean and right on the beach. Staff was friendly and helped us out whenever we needed. The room was super clean and every room is oceanfront. Had to go outside the room for WIFI, but....what do you need internet for when you've got such great views? Each room was equipped with a kitchen, which was a great advantage. staff even helped us pick out a great local restaurant for dinner..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Surf Suites Motel? Share your experiences!