“I won't stay anywhere else in Wrightsville Beach”
Review of Surf Suites Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Surf Suites Motel
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“I won't stay anywhere else in Wrightsville Beach”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Up front: The hotel room is clean, large, equipped with a full kitchen (full-sized fridge, sink, dishwasher, oven, etc.), inexpensive, and I could've thrown a baseball from my patio and hit the beach. The staff is friendly; they'll stop and chat with you if you want, or they'll leave you alone. Plenty of parking, close to a few restaurants, and the beach was near empty because of the location. There's a convenient outdoor shower behind the hotel (beach side) so you don't get sand all over your room. I'm not even attempting to stay anywhere else next time we visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EyerishRogue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Only giving 3 stars because though a non smoking hotel, the entire place had slight cigarette smell. Loved our one bedroom suite with ocean view balcony except that the bath tub was not clean. If that wasn't clean it makes you wonder a bit about the rest of the room. Only stayed one night. A bit over priced also. The room was very quiet and the bed slept well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank upstatetiger28
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was our second stay at Surf Suites, and we enjoyed the view and the beach very much. The pool is nice too. We were in 209, away from the elevator so quieter than last time. Be prepared with lots of quarters if you want to park away from the motel, for example to take a boat trip with Captain Joe of Wrightsville Beach Scenic Tours (highly recommended), or to eat at Tower 7 Baja Mexican Grill (delicious).
An item left in the room was discovered and we were contacted promptly by staff; item was posted and arrived safely within 3 days of our departure.

Room Tip: Rooms next to elevator experience some noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2013

All Oceanfront Suites! A " Five Star" Rating in my opinion!

I like the sounds of the waves and exceptional customer service. You got me as a repeated customer for a lifetime! Enjoy your stay and leave great positive comments for the staff! I did!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nanlouise
North Carolina
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We got a room one week before July 4th and were amazed we could stay on the oceanfront. Not cheap on a holiday--just under $300, but no minimum stay.Off season considerably less, as is Sun-Thursday.
The view is amazing, the unit spotlessly clean. Cleaner than any beach property I have stayed in previously. Full kitchen, very comfortable bed. The only thing that needs improvement is the shower, which is very weak, but the manager said that they are planning to upgrade bathrooms very soon.
Recommendations for rooms-I was not familiar with the building, so did not specify room location, but I would suggest 3rd or 4th (top) floor and on the opposite side of the entrance from the beach. We were on the 2nd floor and right over the shower and beach access for the hotel, so it was a little busy when we were on the deck. But it is a quiet group of guests, so everyone was polite and reasonable. Bedroom is on the front of hotel, and we never heard a sound at night. Large bedroom, large bathroom, brand new kitchen with granite and new appliances. Big table in kitchen and nice deck furniture.
Other positives:
1) The Desk staff, manager and housekeepers are super friendly. I want to do a shout out to desk clerk, Brandon, a very warm and helpful young man. He gave us a parking permit even though we arrived before noon and check in was not until 4 PM. He was so gracious about it, and let us change clothes in the employee restroom. I have never had a beach property management be so kind and flexible.
2) Manager-Vickie -also very nice and friendly
3) On July 4th, we saw fireworks in every direction without leaving the building. I would come again just for the oceanfront firework display. Full colorful fireworks--not just loud noise
4)Easy walk to the southern tip of the beach where ocean meets the sound
Final suggestion--there are not a lot of places we found to eat on Wrightsville Beach, other than Oceanic next door to hotel. Next time I would bring my own breakfast and lunch food so I could spend as much time as possible on the beach.

Room Tip: See above. Ask for 4th floor far end --closer to pool than to Oceanic restaurant. I did not stay on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HappyNCTraveler
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed one night in mid week without reservation. I was alone and took a queen room with ocean view ,#304. Rate was very good and the room was clean and quiet. Would definitely return but may not be the choice for families, kids. Room was small.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank robert w
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed May 15, 2013

From the polite welcome at the desk,smileing employees everyware,well decorated & spotless rooms,large balcony comfortable chairs & recliner,Full kitchen,very,very clean throughout.Ofcourse the best ocean view you can imagine.One of the best experiences we've had in a long time.A triple A+++.
Mike & Terry

Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Surf Suites Motel? Share your experiences!